GMD Cyber Test Manager: Weapon Systems Engineering, Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Huntsville, AL 35806, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a senior and experienced GMD Cyber Test Manager to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract. Currently in the pre-solicitation phase, an award is anticipated in the March 2022 timeframe.
The successful candidate will act as the lead manager for all aspects of the execution and analysis of the GMD Cyber Test Program. They will have the day-to-day responsibility for leading the multi-disciplinary team that supports the GMD Program Office, as Lead Systems Integrator, in all aspects of the GMD Cyber Test program:
- Coordinate and integrate all GMD cyber test activities with Next Generator Interceptor (NGI), In Service Fleet (ISF) and Ground Weapon System (GWS) elements
- Plan, design, integrate, execute, analyze, and report results for GMD cyber test activities, with technical support from NGI, ISF, and GWS contractors
- Provide SITR test operators and coordinate with Interceptor and GWS test operators and SMEs for all Cyber test activities
- Support the Government with planning, coordination, integration, execution, and analysis
The successful candidate must have significant Cyber Test and Evaluation (T&E) and/or technical leadership experience with GMD programs and MDA. He/she must have an in-depth understanding of the Cyber Test Program and associated technologies and performance of the GMD system. The successful candidate must have the ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the GMD Cyber Test Program and the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively at management levels of the Customer, Warfighter, and Company to articulate the Cyber Test and mission needs and requirements.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous working experience with MDA in a Cyber T&E management or technical leadership role
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the overall GMD Weapon System as a system-of-systems (SoS)
- The ability to lead multi-disciplinary and multi-contractor teams to ensure the objectives of the Cyber Test Program are met.
- The skills to identify interdependencies and plans for Cyber testing through critical path analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all areas of large scale, complex weapon Cyber Test execution, modeling, simulation and analysis
- Working experience with the operating policies and procedures for all management aspects of the GMD Cyber Test SITR responsibilities
- In-depth understanding of MDA organization, programs, processes, priorities, and initiatives, and program management practices including budgets, schedules, and related performance standards
- Demonstrated success in being able to work across programs, organizations, and/or other stakeholders to achieve common goals
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline
- 8-10 years of progressive Cyber T&E or technical leadership experience
- Former experience with GMD and/or missile defense systems Cyber testing
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong task management skills, including experience managing teams/programs with special emphasis on meeting engineering challenges.
- Ability to develop Cyber T&E-related requirements and associated test strategies
- Knowledge and experience working with the DoD’s Cybersecurity processes, DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external SMEs and consultants, the Warfighter Community, and cross-organizational stakeholders at various levels of customer and internal leadership and management
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Masters degree in relevant discipline
- 12-15 years progressive Cyber T&E management or technical leadership experience
- Active Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with DoDAF-compliant architectures, system requirements analysis, requirements trace management and model-based (systems) engineering
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom