Geospatial Analyst, St Louis Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St. Louis, MO 63118, US
BAE Systems is currently seeking a Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) analyst support for the Aeronautical Navigation Office’s Airfield Foundation Data Office.The Geospatial Analyst will use their basic knowledge and understanding of airfield infrastructure such as taxiways, runways, navigational aids, ATC tower, and hangers, to create AFD products; Collect and validate features (points, lines and areas), and complete product finishing; Enter data using both manual and automated processes; Analyze and validate data; Extract features from imagery sources; Work with large data sets, to include manipulation and formatting of data to meet specifications for database ingest, Use previous knowledge of quality controls, quality management systems, and strategies to maintain required level or work; Resolve feature discrepancies and conflicts; be comfortable working in a time constrained environment
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Minimum Skills & Experience Required Include:
Three (3) to ten (10) years of:
- Cartographic finishing and feature extraction related experienc
- Ability to delineate aerial photographic detail using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Ability to perform image assessment, control point selection, mensuration, triangulation, orthorectification, and processing to produce standard or non-standard products.
- Knowledge of basic coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM).
- Knowledge of projections and their properties.
- Knowledge of SocetSet/Socet GXP and ESRI ArcGIS.
Minimum Education Required Include:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of applied GEOINT experience (within the past 5 years)
- A completed Associates Degree or High School Diploma with 4 years of applied GEOINT experience (within the past 5 years)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
- Ability to analyze data from ground surveys, reports, aerial photographs, and satellite images to prepare topographic maps and aerial photograph mosaics.
- Ability to prepare and alter trace maps, charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional optical models of terrain using stereoscopic plotting and computer graphics equipment.
- Experience evaluating commercial imagery products for accuracy.
- Ability to collect data from rasterized sources including the proper rectifying of the source if so required.
- Ability to use imagery for the purposes of nautical chart compilation.
- Ability to export data in multiple formats, predominantly standard MILSPEC as well as shapefiles.
- Knowledge of geospatial database content management
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom