Front End Software Developer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA 20171, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description We are in search of an energetic Front End User Interface/ User Experience (UI/UX) Software Developer on one of our exciting programs. Join BAE’s Intelligence and Security division and be a part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team transforming the customer’s talent and human resource management application portfolio.
- The right candidate would be part of a team designing, developing and configuring a standardized user interface for a portfolio of talent management and human resource applications
- This position requires expertise in developing the front end of web applications as a member of a fully integrated Dev Team.
- This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development, and testing of software modules via DevSecOps Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Design and develop high quality front-ends (React, Angular, etc.) and back-end code (Java)
- Developing new software applications, features, and distributed services that support high-scale web applications
- Work with Scrum Masters and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
- Apply understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building and testing of software operating on cloud platforms and frameworks
- Understanding of building browser based user interfaces layout, design, working with different browsers, view sizes, and device resolutions
- Exposure to scripting languages for enhanced user experiences through application interfaces Basic Qualifications
- Familiar with cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, continuous deployment, agile methodologies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Well versed with using version control systems
- Well versed with using issue/problem tracking systems
- Must have strong communication skills
Required Skills and Education Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with Java and frameworks such as Spring Boot, Node JS or Angular JS
- Proficient with navigating Section 508 requirements.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph
- 4+ years of experience developing intuitive user interface design, prior experience as UI Designer or prior experience working closely with UI Design Teams and familiarity with section 508 Compliance standards are highly desired.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 2-14 years of prior relevant experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom