Flooring Techs Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Jacksonville, FL 32228, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Are you seeking a challenging and rewarding career with a company that supports those who protect us? BAE Systems maybe the company you are looking for. Our Jacksonville Ship Repair division is hiring for their Marine Flooring Demolition and Installation team. The selected candidates will have the following duties to accomplish.
- Installation of quarry, ceramic, porcelain, and mosaic tiles. Installation of soft tiles, sheet Goods, Installation of trowel-finished epoxy Terrazzo, color flake systems, and underlayment. Coordinate to mobilization and demobilizing job sites.
- Demolition of flooring and underlayment. Prepare and prime steel surface. Hand load materials aboard vessels and into necessary spaces. Good housekeeping of work site. Learn to practice and adhere to proper material disposal requirements.
- Successfully performs work as an individual, as a member of a single craft, or multi-craft work crew. Performs work with minimal supervision safely and efficiently. Other duties may be assigned.
- Safe work practice, wear PPE, adheres to safety rules and regulations.
- Keep work site clean and organized
- Stock materials and tools throughout vessel according to job specifications
- Lead and/or mentor helpers and apprentices
- Obtain knowledge and adhere to material disposal process
- Demolish decking materials, when needed
- Layout and install color flake systems
- Layout and install vinyl tiles
- Layout, install and sheet vinyl. .
- Layout, install and weld seams of electrical matting
- Install quarry, ceramic, mosaic, and porcelain tiles
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 plus years experience as a Navy deck installer.experience in at least two types of flooring (hard tiles, soft tiles (vinyl, rubber, etc.), trowel finished epoxy systems/underlayment, and color flake systems).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions, regarding daily functions, safety rules and regulations, and possible hazardous conditions.
- Ability to give instruction to others assigned to assist on projects.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Learn all facets of our flooring installations
- Utilizes safe work practices in accordance with Job Hazard Analysis
- Pays attention to details when taping, cutting in, around drains, walls, doorways and keeping product off customer owned equipment
- Knowledge on how to use trowels, air chippers, needle guns, deck crawlers, grinders, wet saw, tile cutter, torch, floor scraper and floor buffing machines
- Can repair in the field basic problems related to above mentioned tools
- Understands cure times and recoat windows of products
- Basic skill on proper installation of epoxy, urethane, polyaspartic and urethane sealers
- Possess skill required to install cove base materials with a radius that is straight with no waves
- Effectively communicate and work in a diverse industry/work force
- Practice working smart, careful, productive, flexible and considerate
- Self-motivational and some problem solving skills
- Shows a willingness and ability to learn and move forward.
- Seeking people that are meticulous and patient, and are driven to learn all facets of our flooring installations.
- Seeking individuals who possess a good attitude and are willing to learn and work smart.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 60 lbs.
- Require ability to stand and or walk on hard uneven surfaces for extensive periods of time.
- At times work is performed in tight spaces in adverse temperatures.
- Must be able to handle working on multiple levels of a vessel requiring up and down ladder wells throughout the work days.
- Wear a respirator when required.
May be exposed to excessive noise, paint gases and fumes, and varying weather conditions. Proper protective equipment will be provided as necessary.
Must be able to safely use a tile saw, operate floor strippers & jackhammers for decking removals.
Must be able to properly install all types of Marine flooring/decking and work in confined spaces, operate an pneumatic deck crawler, listen and take instructions, receive constructive criticism without getting offended, treat others the way he/she wants to be treated and work well with others.
Must be able to obtain Defense Biometric Identification Systems "DBIDS" access card.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Must be able to read a tape measure to the 32nd of an inch.
Must be able to safely use a tile saw, floor strippers, and jackhammers for deicing removal.
Full-Time Salary Range: $39749 - $72197
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom