Financial Controls Analyst Sr (Multiple BAE Locations Considered) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52498-0506, US
Finance & Accounting
Job Description This role will be responsible for the implementation, execution and oversight of the financial controls within the NSS business unit. They will serve as the main interface for both Internal and External Control activities. Works within a team to lead internal control assessments, counsel, compliance, and communications with internal and external stakeholders. Supports external audits as the main focal point between the auditors and internal stakeholders. Supports control procedures within the Financial Control Framework (FCF) consisting of independent controls testing, control environment consulting, and related policy and compliance activities. Interacts with individuals at multiple levels of the organization. Provides counsel on internal controls, audit matters, and company policies.
The role will be responsible for the following items:
- Act as a finance trusted business partner and advisor to the US Controls and NSS organizations.
- Serves as the primary interface for financial controls and related audit activities.
- Provides leadership, planning, execution, and oversight for internal financial controls.
- Provides support to the internal controls function within the Financial Control Framework (FCF) consisting of internal controls evaluation, testing, and counsel.
- Actively involved in audit planning, process flow walkthroughs, information technology reviews, segregation of duty testing, and program overviews.
- Evaluates processes and compliance with corporate policies and industry regulations.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders and senior management.
- Evaluates control owner self-assessments (COSA) and recommends improvements.
- Serves as the primary interface for support of external audit activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
- This role will require strong communication, analytic and problem solving skills.
- The individual must be team oriented and able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret Company policy requirements and make judgement on compliance to those policies.
- Independently drive to a conclusion with adequate follow through and issue resolution.
- Initiative to take on ad hoc requests and projects and identify areas for improvement.
- Exercises discretion over the review and communication of confidential data
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Prior experience with Oracle and prior experience with Financial Control development and implementation for an International Company.
- Understanding of the application of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Prior experience supporting or performing internal and external audits. Someone with one of the following certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom