Financial Analyst Principal ( Remote) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Minneapolis, MN 55421-1402, US
Finance & Accounting
Job Description BAE Systems Combat Mission Systems is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join the MK45 Guns International team. In this role you will partner with the program execution team for a production contract to provide financial data and analysis for robust decision-making.
This role involves working closely with the program and finance teams in developing and analyzing key financial measures, assessing contract profitability, monitoring program performance, and ensuring compliance to accounting systems. You will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate program financial analysis, including internal/external reporting, proposal support, leading program Estimates at Complete (EACs), managing cash flow, supporting quarterly business reviews, leading financial forecasting activities, and providing program controls/EVMS support to the program. A broad knowledge of accounting, finance, and program controls would greatly benefit the performance of these duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting requirements both internally and externally
- Report and present financials to management
- Developing financial forecasts and analyzing estimates at completion
- Develop and monitor program risks and opportunities
- Track changes from contract modifications as they relate to authorized funding types and limits, periods of performance, etc.
- Support invoice preparation and monitor unbillable costs
- Monitor funding limits and communicating when costs are nearing limits
- Update financial budgets and forecasts and provide variance explanations as needed
- Analyze and revise project forecasts and billings when rate changes occur
- Monitor program performance using program controls tools, drawing from advanced understanding of program management methodology, program control principles, and hands-on experience with planning and monitoring.
- Advise program managers on the trends and progress of their plans and schedules.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Problem solving and in-depth research and analytical skills; must be detail oriented with meticulous record-keeping skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills used to interface with program management, financial analysts, and the customer
- Computer competency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Ability to perform under minimal direct guidance and achieve job objectives with a significant degree of independence
- Expertise in understanding and using Earned Value Management concepts, tools, and processes.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in Financial tool sets Oracle, Hyperion, and OBIEE
- Experience in EVMS tool sets COBRA and PM Compass
- Experience in implementing EVMS Systems and leading Integrated Baseline Reviews
- Demonstrated ability to support program managers with the use and maintenance of program controls systems and outputs.
- Experience leading groups and teams on large programs in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in directing, training, and mentoring junior staff in program controls systems and tools.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, including working in a semi-structured environment with the skill to develop and implement new processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Familiarity with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations, ANSI-748-C, EVMIG, and NDIA Intent Guides.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom