Financial Analyst II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Charlotte, NC 28277-3439, US
Finance & Accounting
Job Description Job Description:
Do you have a solid understanding of Accounts Payable processes/procedures and can lead a team successfully? If so, this may be the position for you!
This position reports into the Finance Shared Services (FSS) Accounts Payable Manager of the CMS team. This position is responsible for assisting the AP Manager in managing the AP Operations which would include the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Is a key member of the AP Team and serves as the Team Lead who will partner with the Manager and Director to maintain key relationships within our organization.
- The candidate is responsible for continuing to identify opportunities to develop and improve operations within the team.
- Responsible for processing month-end and year-end activities for internal stakeholders, ensuring appropriate close processes are followed, account reconciliations are completed and any necessary month-end and year-end reporting data is provided to the businesses.
- We are looking for an Analyst to assess, recommend and implement system improvements; test in multiple environments including Kofax Total Agility (KTA) and Oracle; document processes and perform special projects that require in-depth analysis.
- The Analyst is a subject matter expert and ensures the accuracy and efficiency of all AP processes by reviewing procedures and trends, analyzing problems, recommending solutions and assisting in the implementation of new processes.
- The Analyst will serve as the right-hand person to the AP Manager in matters related to the balanced distribution of workloads; train new and existing employees on AP-related processes; ensure quality of work performed is in alignment with departmental goals.
- The position requires high-level analytical and computer skills to achieve the overall development of the department as well as innovation and creativity for unique one-time projects. This position may often support multiple ongoing initiatives simultaneously in addition to routine duties. Coordination of communication between stakeholders is necessary in order to resolve issues.
- The position also requires critical decision making based on complex problems resulting from analyzing data from various reports (Aging, unapproved, case management, GRNI, forecasts, status reports, etc.). Application of AP knowledge and experience is required in order to solve complex problems which can involve numerous stakeholders and/or various departments if necessary.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum of High School Diploma and 4 years professional experience in Accounts Payable (Full Cycle or Shared Services)
- Experience and familiarity with financial systems and Oracle R12)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills and able to effectively articulate complex subject matter
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Ability to write and document policies and desktop procedures to ensure department compliance. Ability to develop solutions on a variety of complex problems.
- Ability to measure performance through metrics and reporting
- Experience managing customer relationships
- Successful handling of employee performance and employee issues
- Promotes positive team environment, chemistry and comradery
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and team requests
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate and exchange information clearly; interact with others; express or exchange ideas, and communicate interpersonally. Ability to communicate in group settings.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Demonstrated experience performing accounting services as a defense/government contractor in a governmentally-regulated and compliant organization, specifically DCAA, is strongly preferred
- More than 4 years’ experience
- Experience in general accounting and account reconciliations
- Experience and familiarity with Kofax Total Agility and Oracle ERPs
- Experience in a finance shared services environment
- Strong ability to scale from transactional details to high-level strategic thinking
Full-Time Salary Range: $54900 - $87800
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom