Field Service Electrical Cable Assembler Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chula Vista, CA 91911, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description The Electrical Cable Assembler performs advanced level assembly functions in support of the Mk 41 Vertical Launching System (VLS) missile program, the Mk 45 Light Weight Gun (LWG) Gun program, and the Mk 38 Machine Gun System (MGS). This includes prep, mechanical, harness, cable, printed circuit board sub- assemblies, spray application, and inspections. Performs soldering and instillation of components to contract specifications using a wide range of tools and equipment. This is a full time position with benefits.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Responsibilities:
- Perform advanced-level assembly functions, typically working from models and /or drawings, within production.
- Interpret blueprints, process flow instructions, and other written/verbal instructions.
- Must be trained across all assembly stages to work w/Engineering to build first articles by interpreting print specification with no process provided and assemble all units in depth.
- Responsible and accountable for producing quality work to prescribed standards. with a focus on continuous improvement to meet customer commitments on schedule, within budget and to SPC standard practices.
- Work under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are frequently non-routine, adapting procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- May perform more detailed tasks requiring deeper knowledge and experience in the specified processes and procedures.
- Rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- Resolve most questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- May periodically assist in orienting and training lower level employees.
- High school diploma or GED and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with soldering and electro-mechanical assembly required
- IPC 610/620 and or JSTD001 certification required
- Effective communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work under minimal supervision
- able to follow written work instructions and read/interpret blueprints, models and drawings
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with IPC Class 3 workmanship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Must be able to transport up to 25 lbs
- U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Lotus notes
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom