Field Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Herndon, VA 20171, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Join BAE Systems’ In our Field Engineering Sector and be a part of the team that solves some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. Are you one of the many who finds solving technical issues and challenges personally rewarding? The Field Engineer team is searching for a Field Engineers . Field Engineers must maintain a strong awareness of technical equipment; be able to apply the Sponsor’s project management model for development and installation efforts; and provide build, testing, analysis, deployment, and troubleshooting/lifecycle support for innovative hardware/software/ network systems and applications.
Support includes procurement of required equipment or components to support build-out of communications systems; uncrating, set-up and build-out of new equipment. Hardware and software configuration and customization of packages, system integration and testing of built packages, pack-out and shipment of the completed packages. System integration and testing of built packages, preparation of customer system documentation, conducting site surveys as needed prior to installation, drawings of rack elevations, training of onsite customer personnel on installed packages, test, inspection, verification of all customer communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
Required Skills and Education Basic Qualifications:
- Experience building, configuring, supporting and deploying tactical packages to the field. Placing orders for required equipment or components to support build-out of tactical communications packages under customer procurement efforts.
- Knowledge of SIGINT collection equipment and experience with installation.
- Knowledge with wireless technologies to include GSM/CDMA.
- Strong background in Microsoft Systems Engineering and providing support to those systems.
- Strong recent experience in Windows platform operating system and Microsoft applications including Windows 10 and Server 2012 / 2016 suite.
- Knowledge of virtualization products with a focus on Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of TCIP/IP routing and use of secure scripts.
- Experience providing Tier 3 Support to technical systems.
- Experience configuring, installing and maintaining network multi-layer switches, routers, firewalls, workstations, satellite, and secure communications
- Experience installing and terminating fiber optics and Ethernet cables
- Experience with McAfee product suite.
- Experience conducting site surveys prior to installation activities.
- Ability to interpret drawings of rack elevations, system component front and back views, wiring interconnect diagrams, wire lists, and networks
- Possess knowledge and ability to provide training to onsite personnel on developed and installed packages
- Ability to test, inspect and verify all customer tactical communications systems ensuring compliance with COMSEC policies and procedures and project management requirements.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Demonstrated capacity to understand and communicate technical ideas, concepts, and thoughts across multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in fast pace, high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
Preferred Skills and Education Desired Skills
- Experience working in Customer OCONUS environments
- Experience working in and supporting an Operations Center.
- Experience performing site surveys for systems installations, infrastructure and power requirements
- Experience providing technical training for both foreign and domestic audiences
- Technical Certifications: MCSE and/or CCIE
- Working knowledge of VMWare and ESXi.
- Previous experience with storage devices including NetApp.
- Working knowledge CSFC technologies and methodologies
- Current experience in the Sponsor’s classified and unclassified distributed work environment architectures and systems.
- Secure remote mobile computing.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom