Features Ninja: Geospatial Test Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description Are you a Features Ninja, you have come to the right place? We are looking for a Senior Geospatial Features Test Engineer who will be able to plug into a dynamic and fast paced team of engineers. The test engineer will work side by side with our desktop development team developing SOCET GXP. SOCET GXP is used in critical operations ranging from homeland security, disaster relief, and humanitarian efforts, to defense missions conducted by various commands and tactical units. The test engineer will be responsible for installing and executing integration tests interacting with multiple software products from across the GXP ecosystem -- including desktop, server-based, web-based applications, and web services -- and will need to develop a strong understanding of how the applications work together. Experience with geospatial data stores in shapefiles, databases and web services is considered an essential skill. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for manual testing user interfaces and potentially designing scripting for automated tests.
Typical responsibilities of a Geospatial Software Test Engineer will include:
- Testing of software user interfaces
- Implement and apply the principles of SAFe Agile
- Write Features, User Stories, Test Cases, and bug reports
- Run test cases, as well as adhoc testing, evaluating test results, and working with software developers to resolve failures
- Identifying testing gaps and writing new automated tests or test cases
- Geospatial Analysis -- Demonstrated experience with geospatial data stores and evaluating quality of feature data produced
- SOCET GXP Features Testing – Experienced with creating features data, and working with 3rd party geospatial software, including Esri and open source software.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Strong working knowledge of intelligence systems, tools and methods used to accomplish the IC mission.
- Strong working knowledge of geospatial feature data collection/exploitation including SOCET GXP and ArcGIS software
- Understanding of software testing, and automated testing methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Work performed under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Ability to exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- Team player with a proactive attitude, and able to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Familiar with Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and 2019
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Working knowledge of Python for automation/scripting purpose
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Experience in GEOINT, Geospatial Software & Tools
- Experience with National and/or Commercial imaging systems, image processing, image exploitation, and writing imagery products or reports
- Self-starter with the ability to work projects with limited assistance
- Familiar with Geospatial Analysis Integrity Tool (GAIT); topology validation checks
- Familiar with ESRI software
- Ability to interpret government specifications to ensure software compliance
- Familiar with Structured Observations Management (SOM)
- Equivalent Military experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom