Facility Security Officer / Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Los Angeles, CA 90056, US
Join our team at BAE Systems as a full time Facility Security Officer (FSO) as well as a Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for our office located in Los Angeles, CA. We are looking for a Industrial Security career professional who can contribute to our growing footprint. Your knowledge as a Industrial Security professional supporting security compliance as it relates to the National Industrial Security Program and supporting as the local ISSM protecting information systems will be of great value to our internal and external customers. As the ISSM you will have an opportunity to maintain compliance measures while protecting vital information systems. You will have an opportunity to work with seasoned professionals, and a training and development plan designed to grow your skills in a fast paced, team-based environment.
If you are looking to learn, influence, and help develop top cyber technologies, applications, and processes that protect and service our customers wherever they may be air, land, and sea come join our award-winning security team here at Electronic Systems (ES).
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
As an FSO you will also be responsible for managing programs with the facility to include supporting customer visits and completing Security Vulnerability Assessments. You will be responsible in providing security guidance to company personnel advise staff or various security policies, training requirements.
Additional duties will include conducting investigation of non-compliance issues and review of all security violations and submitting all reports to CSA. These reports may include adverse information, suspicious contacts, and reports of Loss, Compromise or Suspected Compromise.
Routine tasks will include conducting security briefings to include, new hire orientation, refresher training, SSA training, and program specific security briefings.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret clearance
- Facility Security Officer experience
- Familiar with JPAS/DISS
- Conducting investigations
- Understanding and in depth knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- IAM Level II certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
- Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives
- Demonstrated ability to create Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures that resulted in an ATO
Preferred Skills and Education
- Run and maintain the entire information assurance program for more complex efforts or area
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures
- Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals)
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material
- Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC)
- Experience with the review and creation of mitigation reports from compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC)
- Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures needed to meet program objectives
- Experience with conducting all aspects of a self-inspection
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom