Facility Security Officer/Contractor Program Security Officer (FSO/CPSO) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Manassas, VA 20110-4122, US
Job Description Join a Cogswell Award winning company, along with a dynamic and growing team implementing and providing Security guidance to our Manassas, VA facility location. This is an opportunity to develop your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment, and become a part of the BAE Systems Security program, a highly recognized and awarded team in the Electronic Solutions Business Sector. As a Facility Security Officer and Contractor Program Security Officer, you will work with all levels of leadership, as well as both internal and external customers to support a variety of interesting and dynamic programs across multiple classified programs. This role provides onsite support for the site’s collateral and Special Access security programs.
The candidate must exercise discretion and independent judgement in performing the following tasks:
- Interpret Government and internal company policies, develop, and implement security plans and procedures utilizing the 32 CFR Part 117 National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) as well as any other specific programmatic instruction manuals, along with JFAN, DoD SAP Manuals, JSIG, ICD and customer/contract specific regulations
- Full understanding of program security requirements for both Collateral and Special Access Programs
- Provides security guidance to company personnel and advises Senior Management
- Responsible for direct supervision of security staff
- Completes appropriate documentation according to company and government directives
- Conducts investigations of non-compliance issues and reviews all security violations
- Submit all reports to CSA to include: Adverse Information, Suspicious contacts, and reports of Loss, Compromise or Suspected compromise
- Develops and implements improved methods of inspections, audits, and analysis of security functions to determine performance and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for Security reviews to include: Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and Special Access Program customer visits and formal self‐inspections overseeing implementation/completion of corrective action plans.
- Conduct general and program specific briefings.
- Responsible for compliance of Security Practice and Procedures (SPP).
- Participation in the development and execution of security education programs.
- Ensuring Closed area requirements are met and ultimately certifying physical construction paperwork
- Knowledgeable on International requirements to include: Government to Government shipments, Foreign Visitor requirements, and Export compliance.
- Along with the Asset Protection Manager, establishes and maintains physical security systems, plant protection, contingency plans and emergency response.
- Provide support as necessary during emergencies
- Participate as a team member in the local Crisis Management Team, Site Leadership Team, and Insider Threat Local Counsel)
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI
- Previous experience with DISS, NISS, and SIMS
- Facility Security Officer Program Management for Possessing Facilities Certificate (via CDSE)
Full-Time Salary Range: $96470 - $164010
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom