Facilities Plan Spec II Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Phoenix, AZ 85044-5313, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description We are searching for an individual who's energetic, willing to share their ideas and demonstrate their leadership skills for future growth. This individual will be working with an highly experienced-motivated Facilities Maintenance team who thrive on day to day challenges while participating in a highly collaborative team environment. This position ensures the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities, customers and product delivery commitments. Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs. Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance. This position also includes the following:
- Ensure work planning meets all statement of work (SOW) requirements, is efficient, coordinated, and cost effective via the development and maintenance of exceptional communications with Managers, Supervisors, Supply, other departments, and customers.
- Implements changes to workflow processes, maintenance procedures, and equipment usage to enhance equipment life expectancy, reduce operating costs, and improve customer service levels.
- Prioritize, estimate, and allocate other assigned work services, ensuring compliance with all SOW and customer requirements.
- Liaise with customers to confirm work requirements, establish priorities and communicate status of work orders.
- Assists with planning the forward workload to assess seasonal peak staffing requirements.
- Review work orders daily to ensure updates/new information is captured, identify variations from estimates, and work with the site Facility Manager and Maintenance Lead to validate work order entries. Prior to closure, ensure accuracy of all captured data associated with work order.
- Assists with tracking projects to ensure they are completed within established budgets and schedules as assigned.
- Maintain CMMS asset and equipment lists to verify information is current and accurate.
- For work allocation purposes, ensure staffing availability information is current and up to date within CMMS.
- Monitor and report KPI's and other reporting and deliverables for scheduling and planning activities.
- Co-ordinate with work execution leaders to control work scopes to maintain scope accuracy (scheduling compliance).
- Identify training needs in other groups related to planning and execution processes to aid in job duties.
- Planner will also play a critical role in data integrity as well as process and standards creation and improvement.
- Train and support peers to be able to update master data and maintain system integrity.
- Support other department duties such as Crisis Management, related commodity ordering.
- Responsible to coordinate section’s work in support of overall Service Requests (SRs)..
- Proactively and frequently communicate with customer and applicable site Operations departments regarding work order status/any variation in originally projected scope/timeline/budget as well as how customer mandated changes impact original deliverable.
- Working with the Facility Manager, ensure all work orders associated with project are accurate and closed in a timely manner to allow for efficient billing and payment.
- Proactively plan, organize, and schedule work assignments for all trades taking into consideration performance metrics and operational requirements.
- Review and perform analysis on Preventative Maintenance Inspection program to ensure consistent performance.
- Assist in maintaining databases and client identified project activities.
- Manage and audit the tracking and verification of all work activities in the aged work order report.
- Recommend changes to work methods, SOP’s, maintenance procedures, and equipment usage to enhance equipment life expectancy, reduce operating costs, and improve service for customers.
- Review work orders to verify the following information: Account Code, SOW Line Item, Costs for consideration in scheduled deliverables.
- In a timely manner, conduct work order history analysis to track/predict seasonal trends, utilize data, in conjunction with the applicable Dept. Managers to schedule tasks and ensure maximum utilization of staff/resources.
- Support other department duties such as: - Business Continuity Management (BCM) Coordinator; work with main points of contact for each group at the Phoenix site to meet quarterly requirement for site incident plan and business recovery plans. - Ensure BCM Team training requirements are met. - Participate in audits as required. - Monitor and support office supply inventory and replenish within budget requirement. - Provide support to the Facility Manager (FM) in maintaining supplier Purchase Order (PO) matrices and supplier contact lists. - Conduct weekly site walks for landscaping and janitorial service observations. and communicate any issues to the supplier account managers. - Support Safety, Health & Environment (SHE).
Required Education, Experience, & Skills College degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management or Organizational Management or +6 years of hands on Facilities Management Administration experience.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Though a college degree in Business Administration, Facilities Management or organizational management is preferred, all candidates with +6 years of hands on Facilities Management Administration experience will be considered. Individuals who consider themselves as self starters, leaders, thrive in collaborative team environments and are comfortable in demonstrating their creativity are encouraged to apply. Additional training may be provided as necessary.About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom