Facilities Mechanic IV / Chem Hdlr Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78753, US
Job Description This maintenance position will report directly to the site Facilities Supervisor in Austin, TX. This site is a brand new campus located at 825 E. Howard Ln, Austin, TX after relocating from 6500 Tracor Ln, Austin, TX. The new campus consists of approximately 390,000 SF, to house approximately 750 employees with substantial room for future personnel growth which includes manufacturing, engineering, and support staff. Our Austin campus will provide support to various operations and manufacturing, office spaces, laboratories, specialty rooms and closed rooms. The successful candidate will be part of a facilities maintenance team that promotes family work-life balance and personal development. The team consists of the following disciplines: HVAC, plumbing, building automation (BAS), chemical handler, facilities supervisor, a facilities manager, and a customer work order facilitator. The Facilities Mechanic position will assist the Facilities Supervisor and team with maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and replacement of facilities equipment. As a part of our building operations support group, you will be responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance of building related equipment and providing technical support as well as chemical handling support to improve and optimize efficiency within the complex.
The successful candidate must have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and capable of working in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate shall have experience and strong technical knowledge in industrial processes and building operations.Required Education, Experience, & Skills SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is performed and completed as specified by contract, engineering drawings/specifications and applicable codes.
- All maintenance department employees will assist in the development and implementation of site safety programs and policies.
- Works closely with in-house resources, building contractors, and service vendors to operate, maintain, service and repair building infrastructure.
- Ensures building safety and adherence to applicable building codes.
- Works with regulatory requirements such as SPCC plans, above ground storage tanks, hazardous waste Storage, industrial discharge permits, and lock out / tagout (LOTO) procedures.
- Supports building operations 24/7 with available resources needed to support the business operations.
- Must be able to operate within a computerized maintenance work order system. Candidate must be able to log work performed, provide a brief explanation of the problem and summarize what was replaced and or repaired
- Support preventative maintenance (PM) generation assisting the MAXIMO facilitator with advanced repair schedules ensuring equipment longevity.
- Collaborates with several building service contracts including but not limited to custodial and food/cafeteria service.
- Supports various company functional representatives including, but not limited to, safety, health & environment (SHE), human resources (HR), communications, and security.
- May be required to clean and service equipment that may contain hazardous substances and to participate in the sorting and accumulation of hazardous waste materials in accordance with the Federal, State and Local regulators.
- May be required to participate on special teams including but not limited to emergency and medical response teams, and willing to participate in the on-call coverage for the facility.
- Must be capable to utilize various equipment including, but not limited to ladders, lifts, forklifts, trucks and fall protection assets.
- Ability to support the facilities Chemical Handler with the following:
- Chemical collection and disposal
- Electronic waste collection, preparation and disposal
- Chemical spills
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested
BENEFITS OF WORKING at BAE SYSTEMS:
- Various outreach and multicultural groups that are all part of a well-established employee resource group that is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees.
- 9/80 work schedule. Every other weekend is a 3-day weekend with the off-Friday.
- Robust and competitive medical and retirement benefit options to select from
- Innovative and rewarding career opportunities.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Previous experience handling chemicals and preparing waste shipments. Preferred Trades school diploma. Functional knowledge of MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and supporting software. Experience with building automation systems a plus. Background with work order applications preferred. Knowledge and experience with facilities related processes and trades a must.About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom