Facilities Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Anniston, AL 36207-6859, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description BAE Systems is hiring for a Facilities Manager to support at the Anniston, Alabama site. In this role as Facilities Manager, you'll be responsible for leading the Facilities and Maintenance organization for all Anniston properties -- VUOC, Forge, and the nearby Spares property.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions include:
- Manage and oversee the facilities and maintenance organization.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Ensure all engineering projects and maintenance activities adhere to proper safety standards, OSHA regulations, ADA compliance, and environmental goals.
- Responsible for the facilities engineering design and construction of new facilities, expansions, and alterations to existing facilities.
- Lead the facility master planning effort for the long-term strategy and investment at the Anniston sites.
- Supervise technical requirements of assigned projects including monitoring and identifying deviations in budgets, schedules, and performance.
- Contribute to or lead the development of technical and/or management volume(s) of proposals.
- Coordinate with appropriate technical and support groups to ensure designs meet standards and performance requirements.
- Develop and implement annual maintenance plan including preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Manage Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to ensure maximum utilization of capabilities, efficiency, accurate, and timely reports.
- Ensure all systems associated with building infrastructure and manufacturing equipment is in operational readiness at all times.
- Assist with supervision, training, and evaluating other facilities/maintenance personnel.
- Prepare reports for management and customers concerning maintenance and project progress. Assist in planning of projects by evaluating requirements and developing schedules, budgets, and personnel requirements.
- Share responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
- Travel as required to other Combat Mission Systems sites including SC, PA, AZ, and MI.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management, or a technical discipline with ten (10) years of related experience in a heavy manufacturing environment, or the overall equivalent.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and industry-related software platforms.
- Experience managing Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and implementing Project Management methodologies.
- Working knowledge and experience with Oracle ERP.
- Highly effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Ability to translate information and data into meaningful presentations.
- Proven interpersonal skills. An active team participant able to collaborate with a diverse group, cross-functionally, and with internal and external customers.
- Project management experience.
- Working experience in office, manufacturing, and warehouse environments.
- Ability to analyze Facilities problems and implement sustainable solutions.
Full-Time Salary Range: $115110 - $195660
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom