Facilities Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Job Description Plans, designs and manages the construction and fit up of buildings, including renovations, and equipment and machinery installation projects. Hires and coordinates with construction contractors, ensures building safety, and adherence to applicable building codes and standards.
- Develop and manage the scope, budget, and schedule of multiple plant rearrangement and production equipment installation projects, from cradle to grave. Responsibilities include project planning, design, bidding work to general contractors, building/executing and closing out the project. Projects can range from $5,000 to over $5 million.
- Design efforts include developing project requirements and preparing engineering plans and specifications by collecting data, formulating design, obtaining management acceptance, and developing into a completely engineered package. Design parameters include architectural, mechanical, electrical, vibration analysis, structural, environmental impact and energy conservation, etc. Many design aspects are completed in collaboration with other engineers and contract consultants.
- Evaluate, select, and coordinate activities of external consultants, contractors, and in-house specialties to develop and implement facilities projects and program requirements.
- On occasion, conduct major facility studies covering such recurring subjects as five (5) year plans, total energy generation, facility containment/contingency programs, building management systems, major material and vendor studies, etc.
- Assure Company compliance with all federal, state and applicable local codes such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), etc.
- Provide an interface with external suppliers and contractors in order to assure acceptable, cost-effective and schedule minded construction programs.
- Provide project management support to projects both local and regionally, requiring some travel.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in mechanical, electrical or other facility infrastructure design and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience in project management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Power Point
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills ProCore or equivalent project information management system experience, Certified Project Management Professional, AutoCAD, a plus.About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom