Fabrication Manufacturing Engineer I - 2nd Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Aiken, SC 29805-9320, US
Engineering & Technology
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering.
We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems. You'll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters. Build your future at BAE Systems.
How would you like to realize your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? If this sounds rewarding, consider becoming a member of our Combat Missions Process Support Engineering Team. In this role you will work with a diverse group of driven professionals who implement processes to manufacture products and systems that support enhanced military capabilities, protect national security, and provide critical protection for the men and women of our Armed Forces. With us, you will make an impact while you hone your skills and grow in your career.
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 company, is hiring a Fabrication Manufacturing Engineer I. In this role, you will support operations for combat vehicle production focusing on CNC and Manual processes in our Fabrication Department. The ideal candidate will provide production floor support, review engineering design changes, develop manufacturing process, and write CNC laser, waterjet and press brake programs.
In this position, you will be supporting the Combat Mission Systems (CMS) Business at our Aiken, SC facility. This position will report onsite for Second Shift production efforts. Hours are 2:30p.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Friday.
As a Fabrication Manufacturing Engineer I, you will:
- Design and plan layout for material-processing operations.
- Plan sequence of operations and specifies procedures for cutting, shaping, and otherwise preparing basic material.
- Enter process definition into ERP system.
- Interpret and implement Design Engineering Changes.
- Conduct tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over variables.
- Work with operators to improve process flow, effectiveness, and safety.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline OR 4 years of relevant experience in the industry.
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of sheet metal fabrication and forming.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines including CAD / CAM software (for example: ProE, Creo Parametric, Unigraphics, or similar software).
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems.
- Strong safety principals, sharing the common responsibility of identifying and correcting unsafe conditions and acts.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5-2009
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge of inspection processes.
- CREO Parametric 4.0 or other 3D modeling tool.
- Ability to understand multiple machine controller interfaces.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio).
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (Example: Oracle, SAP, JBA).
- Understanding of indented bills of materials (BOMs).
- Knowledge of metallurgy, welding and manual machining processes
- 3+ years experience with press brake operations and programming
- Working knowledge of forming tools for different materials
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom