F-35 Structures Fleet Tracking Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76108-3619, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Responsible for generation of quarterly Structures fleet tracking reports for the Operational F-35 Lightning II fleet. Using a toolset provided the applicant will work with the Customer and Prime Contractor (Lockheed Martin) to develop and mature reporting content. The role requires maturation of reports to meet customer requirements and delivery to a contracted schedule.
The applicant responsibilities include:
- The ability to quickly gain a complete understanding and use of the processes, tools and standards used within the team
- The ability to understand, manipulate and summarize large amounts of data
- Developing solutions to identify trends and data problems with the aid of general direction of senior members of the team
- Communicating issues and concerns to the team leadership in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to prioritize assigned tasks in order to accomplish the required objectives
- Working independently and taking responsibility for the quality of their work output
- Use of Internal and Off the Shelf tools to generate the required documentation utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to self-check reports created to ensure the highest quality is provided to the customer
- Deals with queries and requests from the customer – may involve preparation of ad-hoc data using SQL or other methods. Provides independent recommendations for task expansion, increased efficiency, and performance improvement. Maintains high profile customer contact for improving liaison and good technical and programmatic relationships
Required Skills and Education
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in database/SQL query methods
- Experience in learning new processes and toolsets quickly
- Proven experience in the manipulation and summary of large amounts of data
- Experience in working independently and to be able to prioritize tasks
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in aircraft structures engineering
- Experience with technical guidance and supervision of the work of other employees
- Experience with the Agile mindset and methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom