F-35 Software Test Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76108-3619, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description The Software Test Engineer role will cover testing requirements across two related teams to perform the following:
- Design, develop, configure, execute and document system level testing for the Force Life Management (FLM) team, which develops infrastructure and algorithms in the off-board Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for maintenance of the F-35 jets.
- Configure, test and document system level testing of Airborne Vehicle Systems Prognostics Health Management (VS PHM) software, hosted on Lockheed Martins (LM) latest F-35 core processing modules. The VS PHM software takes signals from the aircraft flight controlling vehicle systems and structural sensors, performs a level of aircraft processing consumed by off aircraft maintenance and structural lifing.
The role requires a high degree of collaboration with Lockheed Martin (LM) and UK counterparts. The applicant must have an acumen for problem solving, articulating root cause and organizational skills to prepare and present findings to the broader team. The applicant will also manage and maintain the testing environment/tools for optimal functional availability.
The Software Test Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Performing system level testing on
- Airborne VS PHM Computer Software Configuration Items (CSCI’s) using Linux based virtual test stations and LM laboratories with representative target hardware.
- FLM core infrastructure function and Assessed Material Condition (AMC) algorithms supporting condition based maintenance.
- Conduct Dry Run and Formal Testing
- Create and maintain documentation used for executing tests.
- Develop and maintain tests and testing environment.
- Transfer candidate CSCI baselines from BAE SYSTEMS to LM infrastructure
- Support LM PHM Domain integration activities
- Support Results validation
- Collaborate with BAE SYSTEMS and LM subject matter experts (SME’s)
- Routinely update the status of tests and present status to team and customers.
- Utilize configuration management infrastructure to store and archive test logs and reports
- Support process improvement as they relate test and results validation automation
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field (or equivalent experience) with at least four years of professional experience.
- Ability to work independently with general guidance from technical manager.
- Experience utilizing configuration management software.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining test scripting.
- Experience utilizing the Atlassian Tool Suite: JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Proven communication experience across diverse teams in multiple locations
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom