F-35 Software Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76108-3619, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems' F35 Lightning II program has an exciting opportunity for a Software Systems Engineer to assist in generating requirements and then to develop and execute algorithms generated for processing large amounts of Prognostics and Health Management (PHM) data based on those requirements.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in systems engineering methods and software engineering standards to ensure quality solutions are delivered into the field for maintenance of F-35 aircraft.
Job duties include systems architecture requirements and analysis, design/mechanization, design reviews with dedicated software and systems engineering team members.
Required Skills and Education Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Ability to gain and hold a SECRET SAP/SAR clearance
- Work with Integrated Product Teams on F-35 to generate high level algorithm requirements that drive aircraft prognostics and maintenance.
- Learning and understanding the different tools that have been developed on the Joint Strike Fighter Program for use of mining and viewing flight data.
- Able to operate and manage large amounts of data
- Problem-solving skills to identify issues and present options for correcting those issues.
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Requirements decomposition into software design.
- Software Design and Implementation (Java, Java EE, Web Development experience preferred)
- Python development
- MATLAB development
- Understanding of Database Schemas / Interfacing with Databases (Oracle experience preferred)
- Configuration Management
- Customer / User interactions
- Must have the ability to present engineering findings
- Must be able to translate the technical description of these findings into plain English
- Must write and speak clearly, and easily when describing complex ideas
- Must have the ability to look at numbers, trends, correlations, and data to come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Must have precise attention to details to ensure the conclusions are correct and accurate
- Must have good understanding of mathematical concepts to build the different tests and distributions.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract this position requires U.S. citizenship.
Preferred Skills and Education Software development
Additional preferred skills are as follows:
- Experience with military aircraft maintenance processes
- Experience developing software applications in Java and C++
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL and with Java Persistence Architecture (JPA)
Experience using Eclipse, Netbeans, or other similar IDEs
Experience with data science tools
- Have an understanding of database structure, and interfacing with relational databases
Prognostics Health Management Experience
Aircraft System Troubleshooting ExperienceAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom