F-35 R&M / Vehicle Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76108-3619, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is hiring a Systems Engineer supporting the F-35 Program.
The prime objectives of this role are to:
- Review and process fleet Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) data.
- Prevent and resolve vehicle systems queries to minimize or eliminate issues which may impact the production of F-35 aircraft.
- Support the improvement of BAES vehicle systems products.
- Support the resolution of F-35 vehicle systems issues in the fleet.
- Be an interface between the UK based R&M IPT and US based program hub.
Work tasks may include:
- Access fleet Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) data extract material which is needed by the BAE UK team, and export it.
- Analyze/create engineering source data used to author aircraft maintenance procedures
- Answering flight and build line support queries relating to the F-35 Fuel, Life Support and Escape systems.
- Update and release of Aircraft Engineering Instructions.
- Interpretation and disposition of Problem Reports.
- Occasionally representing BAE systems in engineering reviews at Lockheed Martin, Fort Worth.
- Providing support and guidance to US based BAE systems suppliers.
- Supporting initial review of aircraft data for Action Requests.
- Representing the R&M team during meetings & review boards that fall outside of the collaboration window.
- Providing support to the Lockheed Martin build and flight lines; and the Northrop Grumman build line.
- Providing initial data review for ARs received outside of the collaboration window.
- Assisting UK team with tasks that interface with other (US based) teams, such as JTD, DMS, etc
- Aircraft data Processing.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Experience with and understanding of aircraft maintenance, reliability and vehicle systems.
Ideally the candidate will have experience with F-35 R&M and vehicle systems
Conscientious, committed and an excellent team player.
Must have excellent communication skills.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Experience with ITAR export procedures (PD-16)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom