F-35 Project Control Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76137, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description The BAE Systems F-35 team is looking for a Project Control Analyst II to support the F-35 Lightning II Program in the successful delivery of discrete contracts to schedule, cost and quality.
The Mid Level Project Control Analyst is an experienced professional responsible for all aspects of Project Control and Governance to include cost, schedule, system and structure setup. They will act as a key internal and external point of contact on all aspects of the EVMS and Cost and Schedule Data.
The Mid Level Project Control Analyst takes responsibility for larger or more complex OBS areas and is specifically responsible for cost estimating, cost management, planning, controls, and project reporting. They will control and monitor the costs and budgets for their OBS area across all F-35 sustainment projects to provide high quality, concise and actionable project reporting and insight.
The Project Control Analyst is a key liaison between their assigned technical team and Program Management – they provide important Program Management expertise into the technical team they support and they provide vital technical and operational information from their technical team back into the core Program Management organization.
- Drive Project Control for contracts (core process governance, earned value management application control and maintenance of core dataset and toolsets)
- Ensure compliance with Operational Framework (LCM Phase 2c onwards), Air Sector PCSD and F-35 project management requirements for all activities
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to project team including technical control account managers
- Monitor and report project performance for schedule, technical, financial and quality objectives along with forecasting project outturn - This will include baseline setup and management activities
- Carry out root-cause analysis on ongoing projects to measure what is achieved based on progress reports and feedback to project delivery teams ensure timely completion
- Communicate summaries and recommendations to the Program Manager based on assessment of resources and achievability of forecasts
- Support all sustainment projects by providing valuable Project Control input into project execution and project strategies to frame project delivery
- Monitor progress of the work for timely execution of the project through weekly/monthly reports with respect to review of the overall project status and project control
- Manage the reporting structure of monthly status to the plan (CAM Reviews / Project Management Integration Reviews/ Executive Summary Reports for key issues etc…)
- Monitor and manage all Lockheed Martin dependencies to ensure the correct actions and targets are achieved
- Manage Risks, Opportunities and threats that will drive improved ability to achieve performance and cost targets
- Ensure clear communications between Program Management and technical team with all data and information between teams aligned and understood
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 2+ years progressive analyst experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Project Management or equivalent additional relevant experience
- Ability to interface with people at different levels and skills within Lockheed Martin and BAE Systems organizations
- Understanding industry project management framework and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards along with wide application of technical principles.
- Self-starter who possess the skills to identify problems and resolve them unilaterally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A highly motivated individual with an ability to work on own initiative
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, capturing information, prioritizing tasks and organizing effectively
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Risk and opportunity management
- Customer stakeholder management
- Presentation of technical and business related information in a concise and coherent manner
- Scheduling experience
- Desire to obtain CAPM or PMP Certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom