F-35 Pilot Subject Matter Expert (SME) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Eglin AFB, FL 32542, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Inc is currently seeking an F-35 Pilot Subject Matter Expert to join its Intelligence & Security Sector (Air Force Solutions) located at Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, supporting the Level I Training Systems Support Center for the F-35 Training System Enterprise Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a technical authority and subject matter expert in Curriculum and Courseware Development. Candidate will be working within a state of the art Training Center in support of the F-35 Training System Enterprise Program. The courseware consists of both self-paced and instructor-led content, developed with a Learning Content Management System (LCMS). Products include pilot courseware and syllabi, desktop Pilot Training Aid (PTA), and training infrastructure. This position will also involve development, documentation, and maintenance of processes and procedures.
2. Works closely with other companies within the Instructional Product Support Team for development and quality analysis of courseware lessons, curriculum and other associated instructional products in support of the F-35 Training System. Collaborates with Instructional Systems Design Engineers to ensure Instructional Strategy is met.
3. Actively participates in the Training System Problem Report (TSPR) process to keep products current. Writes and reviews TSPRs for validity and integration within the Instructional Strategy. Works closely with Contract Instructor Pilots (CIPs), Military Instructor Pilots (MIPs), and other Pilot Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure the sustainment and updates of courseware and syllabi are technically accurate. Develops new courseware as required when new capabilities are released from the Air Vehicles Systems authority. Supports multiple partner and Foreign Military Sales courseware development and sustainment as required.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required experience or familiarity with any of the following skills or technologies:
- 4th or 5th Generation flight experience as a Pilot or Weapons System Officer
- Experience working in a classified environment
- Experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing learner/customer feedback
- Experience with flight simulators and desktop pilot training aids
- Familiarity with Joint Publications, Tactical Employment Manuals, NATOPS, Air Force Instructions, and other military flying guidance documents
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills
- Strong MS Office Products experience
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status and ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred experience:
- Fundamental understanding of the Instructional Systems Design process
- Learning Content Management System or equivalent
- Experience with e-Learning standards, to include SCORM requirements and web environments
- Experience with developing Procedural Job Aids
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom