F-35 Modification / Retrofit Principal Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76137, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description This position is an F-35 Modification / Retrofit Engineer (MRE) and will be located at the customer’s site in Ft Worth, Texas.
This position will provide support to the Lockheed Martin (LM) Modifications, Upgrades, and Overhaul (MUO) Team within F-35 Global Sustainment by developing Air System modification plans. The successful individual will work closely with the Tier 1 partners (LM, NGC, and BAE Systems) and the Joint Strike Fighter Program Office (JSFPO) to during the developmental stage of aircraft modification plans, capabilities, and deliveries.
- Providing modification / retrofit engineering expertise and technical support in the development and planning of Air System modification activities.
- Developing retrofit solutions containing the necessary planning elements (mod engineering scope / retrofit approach, team size, skill composition, special facilities / equipment assessment, maintenance level, MKPL and TCTD authoring assessment, duration, cost, and schedule).
- Delivering assigned FM planning products such as Retrofit ROMs, Initial Retrofit Plans (IRPs), Mod Workbooks, Mod Execution Plans, Contractor Field Team (CFT) Plans, etc., supporting program need dates and Change Request (CR) activity to the Fleet Mod Retrofit team lead.
- Providing technical support to maintainers and modification teams during TCTD validation / prototype events; and during modification incorporation in the field after formal TCTD release.
- Providing technical expertise and support in the development, planning, and implementing of Immediate, Urgent, Safety, and Routine Inspection TCTDs.
- Developing inspection / repair solutions containing the necessary planning elements (engineering scope / inspection approach, team size, skill composition, special facilities / equipment assessment, maintenance level, TCTD authoring assessment, duration, cost, and schedule).
- Delivering assigned FM Inspection planning products to include Initial Inspection Plans, TCTDs, Parts Lists, Inspection Workbooks, Inspection Execution Plans, CFT Plans, etc. in support of program need dates and Production Aircraft Inspection Request (PAIR) activity.
- Providing cradle-to-grave project management for assigned Inspection and Repair plans through IIP development, TCTD authoring / validation / release, maintainer / inspection team support, and final inspection implementation in the field.
- Identifying program constraints to ensure assigned inspection projects can be executed within scheduled period of performance, allotted budget, and in support of planned commitment dates.
- Coordinating the appropriate support response for inspection tasks associated with specific engineering changes with the Joint Service Technical Data (JTD), Supply Chain Management (SCM) F-35 Global Sustainment Design Integration and Operations, Air Vehicle Design Engineering, and applicable Integrated Product Team value stream teams.
- Providing technical support to maintainers and inspection teams during TCTD validation events, and during inspection implementation in the field after formal TCTD release.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills B.S. degree in Aerospace, Engineering, Aviation Management or related Technical field with a minimum of 6 years related experience. Education requirement may be waived based on specific / related job experience.
F-35 program experience required
US military aircraft maintenance / maintenance management and aviation logistics experience.
Experience in utilizing F-35 tools such as: JTD, PDM (Product Data Manager), JDL (JSF Data Library), VAS (Visual Augmentation System), ATLAS (Advanced Technical Logistics Application System), LDM (Logistics Data Management), and VISTA (Virtually Integrated System for Technical Authoring)
Experience utilizing the full complement of Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc..
This position requires the successful candidate to be able to obtain a Secret level clearance.
The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements.
You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Experience with LEAN or Six Sigma principles
A&P LicenseAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom