F-35 Fleet Tracking Engineer II (Reporting & Data Analyst) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76108-3619, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description The BAE Systems F-35 Lightning II program has an exciting opportunity for an F-35 Fleet Tracking engineer responsible for the delivery of quarterly Individual Aircraft Tracking and Loads/Environment Spectra Survey reports. Our work is critical to the continued success of the F-35 program and is highly visible to our Lockheed Martin partners and military operators.
The US Structures and Prognostics Health Management (SPHM) team is comprised of over ten engineers with diverse technical backgrounds directly interfacing with our UK-based counterparts as well as our Lockheed Martin customer. The successful candidate will share in the team ownership of various tasks involved in analyzing data, processing data, and report creation for F-35 fleets that drive long term structural maintenance.
A collaborative, flexible, and critical mind, along with exceptional communication skills are essential elements for this role.
- Each quarter:
- One month is spent gathering, analyzing data, and producing a report
- Two months are spent working on improving and documenting our processes
- Produce quarterly reports via various automation tools and Microsoft Office with high level of attention to detail
- Assist in transition/development of tools from older software to new python based software via process documentation and task management
- Gain a complete understanding of internal processes, tools, and standards
- Understand, manipulate, and summarize large amounts of F-35 structures data
- Develop solutions to identify trends and data anomalies with the aid of senior teammates
- Communicate issues and concerns to team leadership in a clear and concise manner
- Prioritize assigned tasks in order to accomplish the required objectives
- Work independently and take responsibility for the quality of work output
- Conduct peer review of reporting deliverables to ensure the highest quality product
- Flexibly respond to ad-hoc customer data requests
- Provide independent recommendations for task expansion, increased efficiency, and performance improvement
#ASFSRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Aerospace preferred with experience in structures
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Excel - Pivot tables & lookups
- Word - create/manage 1000+ page documents
- Experience with an Agile development methodology
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite (or equivalent)
- Experience with process documentation
- Demonstrable experience in manipulating and summarizing data at scale
- Experience with relational databases & SQL
- Experience in effectively working independently while in a remote environment
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in project management or tech writing
- Experience with Linux command line
- Aerospace experience with focus in structures
- Introductory experience with Excel VBA macros
Full-Time Salary Range: $68700 - $116800
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom