F-35 Field Operations Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Worth, TX 76137, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description Job Description:
The F-35 Field Operations Manager will manage the day to day operations of the BAE Operation’s Center team, and provide effective leadership for the development, management, and delivery of all Technical Services and activities within the F-35 Sustainment Program relating to specific systems in which BAE Systems holds design responsibility and serve as the primary liaison between the LM and military customers.
- Ensure effective leadership of Technical Services activities by setting delivery targets, monitoring progress, and developing performance improvement programs.
- Responsible for management reviews; the assessment of escalated issues for impact on Continuing Airworthiness and generating effective resolution, or sponsoring escalation to senior management, as appropriate.
- Lead and manage a skilled and knowledgeable workforce, for the purpose of developing and delivering Technical Services at strategic and tactical levels, while maximizing operational efficiency and minimizing costs.
- Lead compliance with all applicable contractual requirements, e.g., through support to contract reviews, and ensure the communication and implementation of any changes into Technical Services activities, as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding and application of the relevant Continuing Airworthiness Regulatory framework, and ensure any regulatory-driven changes are implemented. Lead Technical Services’ compliance with all other requirements, e.g., ITAR, EaPW, ISO, etc.
- Ensure all Technical Services activities are compliant with the AM&S Governance and Assurance framework. Ensure Process Confirmations and independent assurance audits are supported by Technical Services personnel. Manage audit findings in a timely and appropriate manner and provide information into the relevant reviews. Generate, deliver, and implement effective improvements to overcome any non-compliance and monitor effectiveness.
- Lead the application of Human Factors, Error Management, Risk Management and Safety Assurance within Technical Services, together with the proactive analysis, mitigation and management of hazards.
- Lead Technical Services’ compliance with the MAI CAME, its associated procedures and standards, and any other Company procedures and standards, as applicable. Drive and implement change as required, while ensuring compliance.
- Manage and control costs and budgets.
- Work with senior management to generate, drive and implement long-term improvements, in order to enhance performance or overcome non-compliance across departments / functions.
- Through coordination with other departments, ensure integration of the Technical Services activity within the business, including planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for cross-functional, high level of complexity/impact activities.
- Develop and maximize employee performance and motivate teams, in order to meet organizational standards and requirements.
- Apply developed communication skills, demonstrate diplomacy and an ability to negotiate with, influence, convince, shape and change the behavior of others.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Experience Required:
- Substantial experience as an operational manager within a Maintenance & Support environment with proven track record of team building and customer service
- Recent extensive experience as a Team Leader in Technical Services or a related discipline, such as Reliability Program management or Maintenance Program development.
- Solid competency in managing direct reports regarding timekeeping, annual evaluations, disciplinary action, award recognition, etc.
- Substantial working experience with Action Requests (ARs) via the Customer Relationship Management Tool (CRM), Lightning II Information Support Tool (LIST), and Integrated Engineering Database (IEDB).
- Experience writing and interpreting Joint-Service Technical Data (JTD), and Flight Series Data (FSD).
- Ability to work in a high stress environment to meet customer needs and expectations at short notice
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings/blueprints in addition to technical specifications
- Intimate working knowledge of F-35 Fleet Management practices.
- Experience managing the release of all technical information, both mandatory and advisory, including the distribution for assessment and provision to point of use.
- At a strategic level, experience managing the Technical Services interface with Design Organizations and OEMs, Maintenance Tasking & Verification, Reliability & Maintenance Programs and all other key stakeholders, in order to deliver the required standards of Continuing Airworthiness and contract delivery.
- Expertise in the assessment, coordination of approval and accomplishment of operator modification requirements.
- Proven ability to manage the assessment and accomplishment of non-mandatory requirements i.e. the evaluation of manufacturers’ proposals, including new maintenance requirements, for fleet inclusion.
- Manage the analysis and accomplishment of all applicable airworthiness instructions within the relevant timescales.
- Experience working in a highly complex and politically sensitive environment
- Strong communication skills are required both internally and externally
- Able to perform at a high level in executive meetings involving customer and LM leadership
- Demonstrated track record of excellent customer relationship management
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with Customers, OEMs, Suppliers and other key stakeholders.
- Must be self-directed and capable of working independently with minimal guidance
- Experience with effective reporting of tasks to both senior management and the customer
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Products; Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.
- High School Diploma, or 18 or more years equivalent experience/combined education
- Associate Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 14 or more years equivalent experience/combined education
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 12 years equivalent experience/combined education
- Master Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or 10 years equivalent experience/combined education
- Previous military aircraft maintenance experience highly desired
- This position requires the successful candidate to be able to obtain a Secret level clearance.
The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements.
You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom