EW SIGINT & Algorithm Development Program Technical Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Burlington, MA 01803-5012, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for an EW SIGINT & Algorithm Development Program Technical Lead (PTL) in the RF/EW and Advanced Electronics product line. FAST Labs RF/EW and Advanced Electronics is the premier research and development arm for BAE Systems in the domain of RF Electronic Warfare. These projects focus on the development of new concepts and technologies that are on the leading edge in the RF EW and Advanced Electronics domain. The primary customers are Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), other government R&D labs, and technology transition customers.
The PTL will lead engineering teams on a $50M R&D project to develop advanced algorithms in the Electronic Warfare (EW) and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) domain, design an RF EW system, and integrate capability for test events on a quarterly basis. The candidate will work alongside program management to develop the engineering baseline / architecture and drive project execution to deliver first of its kind prototypes and demonstrations. The candidate will work across disciplines to realize next generation products.
The PTL is the primary engineering authority on the program and coordinates all engineering activities to meet cost, schedule and technical requirements to meet program commitments. Candidate will regularly brief program customers on development status and collaborate on new concepts for program growth. This position functions across multiple tech directorates and organizations to collaborate and drive program success.
- Create effective and cohesive teams by integrating architects, subject matter experts, and technical leads to address all aspects of the product life cycle.
- Ensure that effective Engineering leaders are assigned to projects/programs so that projects are successful. Work with and support other discipline leads in their responsibilities to effectively staff programs/projects with effective leadership.
- Define and manage product architecture and product evolution. Create and manage architectural views to facilitate knowledge sharing, collaboration, and leverage.
- Develop winning technical solutions and proposals to grow the business. Ensure preparation and approval of competitive engineering bids that are executable and meet established price-to-win targets.
- Provide timely and accurate staffing and resource forecasts, supporting the efforts of the engineering design disciplines to acquire and satisfy staffing needs.
- Ensures that the engineering staff adheres to the approved plans by attending program control meetings, design reviews and by auditing processes, reviewing status and communicating regularly with the cost account managers
- Apply required and appropriate Engineering process to ensure program and product development success and predictability (eg. ARBs, TBRs, LCM IDRs, TRRs, etc.)
- Support / maintain a knowledge management environment to capture artifacts and technical information and promote its evolution through contributions from the technical community.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship statusRequired Skills and Education
- An active DoD TOP SECRET clearance is required.
- Demonstrated experience in Electronic Warfare, EW hardware development, software architecture, platform integration, digital signal process, and RF system architecture.
- Experience in agile system development and sprint deliveries.
- Technical leadership, management, and decision making in EW electronics system concept development, design/development, production, and sustainment relevant to the family of products and associated missions and applications.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and support a technical staff with diverse experience, technical views, and individual differences.
- Proven ability to share and transfer technology and know-how across organizational boundaries.
- Proven Project Management and Product Development skills with a practical understanding of Systems Engineering and DoD product development lifecycle.
- Proven performance management, mentoring, coaching and communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom