ESS IT Summer Interns 2024 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Falls Church, VA 22042, US
Job Description The BAE Systems ESS-IT Internship Program provides a broad and integrated understanding of enterprise level service delivery. The program consists of a 12-week hands-on experience with mentors and Service Leaders. Several positions (15) are available ranging from system administration, data security / architecture, data engineering, software development, graphic user interface design, end to end user experience, and project related work.
The ideal intern should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Perform data analysis and extract useful business insights
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and help influence the direction of the business by communicating results to cross-functional groups
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
- Experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams
- Help develop internal wiki for cross-training within SharePoint/Teams
The Internship consists of the following components
- Program Length – 12 Weeks – commitment required for the full 12-week program
- Internship Dates – May 27th – August 16th, 2024
- Hybrid work environment with a minimum of 2 days per week onsite at a BAE Systems site of Falls Church, VA or Minneapolis, MN. Remote work may be considered but must be within 1 hour travel of a key BAE Systems site
- Student Status – Rising Senior status (current Juniors); OR current Seniors (graduating May or Dec.]
- Citizenship requirements – U.S. Person ( Green Card and/or Citizenship)
- Compensation – The internship is paid on an hourly basis, up to 40 hours per week.
- No benefits are provided as part of this internship program. No housing or transportation is provided for this internship experience
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Major Degree – Computer Science / Information Technology / Cybersecurity / or Information Systems
- Experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Curious, self-driven, analytical and excited to play with data
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Rising Senior status (current Juniors); OR current Seniors (graduating May or Dec.)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Well qualified candidates contain some of the following skills:
- Knowledge of security tools such as Splunk, ArcSight, Nessus Security Center, CrowdStrike, CyberArk, etc
- Comfortable performing system administration on a shell/command line interface
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (R, Python, Bash, Java, PowerShell, etc.)
- Update and validate the Software install\\support documents
- Familiarity Software development lifecycle to: gather requirements, refine design, build, verify build and validate build
- Familiarity with eDirectory, Identity Management Concepts, DevSecOps Environments, Linux OS, or Active Directory
- Familiarity with one or more UNIX operating systems, such as RedHat
- Experience with User Interface redesigning, wireframing, free hand mockups, and testing practices
- Collaboration skills with UX Designer, Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Owners, Data Analysts, and Developers
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize work, as required, to meet dynamic customer service environment.
- Excellent Customer service skills at all levels
Full-Time Salary Range: $57200 - $77220
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Temporary employees generally are not eligible for BAE Systems benefits, but can elect to participate in the 401(k) savings plan. Temporary employees working 20+ hours per week are eligible for medical benefits, the employee assistance program, and business travel accident insurance.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom