Entry Level Systems Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92127-1874, US
Engineering & Technology
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems is looking for an entry level Systems Engineer. The qualified candidate will be working on a multi-disciplinary team, in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support complex SW/HW based systems. Tasks may include identifying, documenting, and tracking requirements; performing requirements analysis; performing software/system integration, regression, verification, and validation testing; and developing test scripts. Position may require business travel to customer locations in support of product demonstrations, software installation, and system testing.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work with platforms and mission applications for intelligence and defense customers with domain emphasis on Geospatial Intelligence, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR), and Mission Management.
In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you’ll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions. Beyond exciting work, each college hire in engineering will be part of our Year One program.
An exciting future at BAE Systems awaits and it starts with Year One— a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career.
- Develop skills:
- Receive immediate mentorship from experienced managers and engineers and explore classes to find your comfort zone
- Network and collaborate:
- Make lasting connections with your Year One peers, employees and leadership
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 0 years related experience
- GPA 3.0 and above
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government
- Ability to perform requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- Ability to participate in analyzing customer needs, and identifying user stories and technical tasks to achieve various Agile Objectives and iterative development schedules
- Ability to apply waterfall or iterative/agile development techniques that are appropriate to the environment
- Ability to use statistical analysis methods and tools
- Ability to work with customers in a software test environment
- Ability to develop improved methods to increase program efficiency
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering
- GPA 3.0 and above
- Systems Engineering related intern, work, or hobby experience
- Knowledge of requirement management tools (e.g., DOORS, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (e.g., ClearCase, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Experience setting-up and running test tools (e.g., eggPlant, SilkPerformer, SpiraTest, etc.)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom