Engineering Production Support (Bradley Family of Vehicles) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Anniston, AL 36207-6859, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. Our Combat Mission Systems business in York, Pa. is currently hiring for a Mechanical Engineer on 1st shift to provide engineering support to the Bradley Family of Vehicles. This individual will serve as an interface between manufacturing, design, and production engineering for analyzing and solving problems related to the design and fabrication of mechanical subsystems, assemblies, and components. This individual will support design related change notices and variance activities.
This position is part of our onsite Engineering Production Support (EPS) team and would be ideal for a Mechanical Engineer interested in manufacturing and problem solving.
- In this role, you will work on cutting edge product development that supports complex naval and advanced weapon systems or the future of combat vehicles.
- You’ll work with industry top talent and a diverse product team to help your career grow in many engineering product areas.
- You'll analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documents, models, and test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements.
- Create and edit CAD models in CREO (or similar CAD system) and ensure systems are designed for producibility.
- Design and analyze welded and bolted joints.
- Conduct root cause and impact analysis when issues arise to determine the optimal solution given cost, schedule and priority constraints while factoring in feedback from all key stakeholders
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis Use finite element analysis tools and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Provide input to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets and ensure tasks meet cost, quality, schedule and performance requirements
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, papers, and presentations
- Direct the work of less senior technical personnel
- Troubleshoot and diagnose testing issues with components, document test issues, and maintain an organized data log
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline (typically mechanical or aerospace engineering) plus 4 years relevant experience; or a Master’s degree and 2 years relevant experience
- Experience creating or analyzing moderately complex mechanical designs using CAD systems, preferably PTC Pro-E or CREO
- Ability to solve technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of finite element analysis tools and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to conduct root cause and impact analysis
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
* Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards
* Experience in a prototype or production environment
Full-Time Salary Range: $75510 - $128340
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom