Engineering Parametric Cost Analysis Lead (Multiple Sites) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sterling Heights, MI 48312, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, a leader in the defense industry, has an immediate need for a Engineering Parametric Cost Analysis Lead to support any of our various Combat Mission Systems (CMS) programs. Any CMS Engineering Site including Sterling Heights, MI; San Jose, CA; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; and York, PA is an acceptable work location and we may consider location near any BAE Systems facility for a well-qualified candidate.
As the Engineering Parametric Cost Analysis Lead, you will lead development of Average Unit Manufacturing Cost and engineering cost estimating activities associated with Design to Unit Production Cost (DTUPC) for any of our various Combat Mission Systems (CMS) programs.
- Support engineering cost reduction initiatives by providing process, procedure, and template, training and necessary guidance to program engineering teams.
- Working closely with Program/Project Managers, engineering, and systems engineering to develop engineering design-to and unit production cost budgets and estimates for assigned program thru all phases.
- Providing proactive, direct, real time support and engineering design to cost estimates to Program/Project Managers during the program life cycle.
- Building and maintaining a historical database of actuals, vendor data, and supplier pricing on programs for use in engineering design to cost estimates.
- Providing other personnel access to historical actual data and support with engineering design to cost estimates.
- Collaborate with the Program Management, engineering, and systems engineering functions to ensure that engineering design to cost estimates are consistent with rigorous parametric estimating practices and protocols.
- Working with Program/Project Managers and other functional leads (Program Management, Engineering, Finance and Systems Engineering) to identify and develop the most appropriate engineering design to cost estimating technique.
- Ensuring consistency in engineering design to cost estimating approach.
- Developing data warehouse or other means of mining financial data for use by product development team and engineering cost estimators.
- The Engineering Parametric Cost Analysis Lead will serve as a subject matter expert on Design to Cost and Design to Unit Production Cost estimating methods and systems including areas with technical data.
- Direct and mentor junior system engineers as required in AUMC and DTUPC development and tracking.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Have a broad knowledge of Program/Project Management integration and functional inter-relationships.
- Experience in regards to developing and managing statements of work (SOWs), budgets and schedules.
- Excellent leadership skills with Program Managers, Integrated Product Team Leads, Engineering leads, and Combat Vehicle government customers.
- Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant field from an accredited university in technical, business or closely related field with the following:
- 8+ years with bachelor's degree
- 6+ years with master's degree
- 4+ years with PhD
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills:
- Experience with Department of Defense (DOD) regulations and policies related to cost estimating and life cycle cost estimating.
- Experience in product development of military or automotive vehicles.
- Experience in cost estimating for military vehicle systems or weapon systems is preferred.
- Experience with Department of the Army Cost Analysis Manual.
- Experience with cost estimating processes and procedures.
- Strong Systems thinking skills
- Have and maintain Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Leadership and mentoring of younger engineers.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom