Engineering Manager II - Sensor & Electronics Solutions Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548-3863, US
Engineering & Technology
BAE Systems has over 40 years of experience in designing and manufacturing Instrumentation Radar Systems, Electro-Optical Systems, Test Range Asset Modernizations and Upgrades. Our capabilities include design, fabrication and integration of hardware and software to support a wide variety of test range requirements including RF and Electro Optical (EO) Time and Space Positioning Information (TSPI) Instrumentation, Threat Simulators, Continuous wave (CW) Doppler and Drop and No-Drop Bomb Scoring Systems, Telemetry Systems and Flight Termination Systems.
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Provides technical leadership, management, oversight, and guidance for engineering development activities utilizing available resources while maintaining schedule and budget. This is a senior manager level position. Knowledge of engineering practices, standards and procedures of land-based instrumentation systems and subsystems (radar, telemetry, threat emitters, TSPI instrumentation, etc.) is highly preferred.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish and implement project strategies, detailed plans, schedules, and budgets.
2. Regularly assess project status. Identify, anticipate, resolves problems and conflicts that arise during the design development process. Primary technical liaison to the customer.
3. Plans project and task workloads across the engineering department; assigns engineering individual(s) responsible for projects, programs, tasks and special assignments.
4. Directs technical organization to ensure progress according to technical objectives, within budget and within schedule Assesses progress and results of technical projects and makes adjustments as required.
5. Responsible for the management of the Sensor Solutions Business Unit Engineering function through subordinate supervisors/managers.
6. Responsible for managing the employment, training, discipline, reward and promotion of assigned employees.
7. Responsible to for ensuring product safety is designed into Sensor Solutions’ products, maintain Safety, Health, and Environmental standards, be knowledgeable of and adhere to BAE Systems Inc. published engineering policy and guidelines.
8. Other duties as assigned.
This position will report to the Program Director. Work is expected to be performed without appreciable direction and through subordinate line managers. Senior management will periodically reviews objectives, goals plans and project execution to determine adherence to policy and guidance. Responsible to senior leadership for developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect. This position operates with significant autonomy and latitude in making decisions and taking action related to primary duties.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Education and Experience:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field and 12-15 year(s) related experience, including supervision/management experience
A minimum of ten years engineering experience, including supervision/management experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: (In addition to the items listed above, the Essential Functions are:
1. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in Section II above.
2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
3. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers;
4. Make decisions using sound, ethical judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations;
5. Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget adhering to time requirements and schedule;
6. Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred: Master’s Degree in engineering or related technical field.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom