Electronic Combat Systems Chief Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Austin, TX 78725-2151, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems’ Austin Business Center has an immediate opening for a chief engineer supporting programs in the Electronic Combat Systems business area. This position is a key technical leadership role within the product line and requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in electronic systems and subsystems. The chief engineer will be responsible for guiding the formation, maturation, and realization of products to apply in the evolving next-generation electronic warfare battle environment. They will also apply BAE Systems’ broad technology base to solve complex projects as part of a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team. Candidates must be able to clearly understand the requirements of the customer and translate them into the right technical solution.
This position is located in Austin, TX where our Engineering team is looking forward to the completion of our new state of the art facility expected to open in 2022. Our engineers are members of cross-functional, multi-disciplined teams focused on developing cost-effective systems that protect our Warfighters. Candidates for this position can expect to work in mid-size teams that may be co-located and/ or geographically distributed. Applicants for this position should have an interest in mentoring the wide range of domain skills found within the Engineering discipline and be the technical conscience for the product. Cultural and behavioral principles are a special part of our systems engineering organization which means we are looking for team players who will support our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate with groups in the intelligence community and DoD to gather information on signals of interest and develop Electronics Warfare techniques
- Analyze current and emerging commercial and military communication systems
- Creates/Supports technical planning
- Lead Creation and/or review of operational concepts, Develop and Document system level operational concepts
- Review Alternatives and Trade Studies including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Lead an in-depth technical engineering research, analysis and support translation of requirements into system design architecture by providing systems engineering guidance for multidisciplinary design teams providing allocation of requirements to engineering disciplines.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions
- Review of algorithms and EA techniques
- Approve System Level Integration, Verification and Validation
- Identify and communicate technical risk and opportunities
- Represent the technical team to internal and external customers
- Ensure IP identification and protection
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Eligible: for SAP/SAR Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree and `10 years related industry experience or equivalent experience
- Ability to think strategically and formulate strategies to solve rapidly evolving highly challenged technical problems
- Excellent written and oral communications and ability to influence internal leadership and customers with technical expertise and business perspective
- Proven ability to share and transfer technology and know-how across organizational boundaries
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master's degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or Computer Science
- Greater than 10 years of experience solving critical problems in Electronic Warfare
- Specific skills within the domains of Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom