Electronic Assembler II Second Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Wayne, NJ 07470-6009, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description PLEASE NOTE This position supports our 2nd shift you will also receive a 10% pay premium when working the 2nd shift.
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
C4ISR:In Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions, you’ll help develop systems that sense, control, exploit and disseminate actionable information to warfighters supporting a variety of missions.
Operations: Our Operations employees turn innovative engineering designs into real solutions to meet our customers’ needs. From Supply Chain, to manufacturing and test, Electronic Systems offers opportunities to work with technology rarely accessible in other manufacturing firms. Our training and development programs provide employees with career advancement in a diverse work environment.
1. Assembles electronic components, assemblies, subassemblies and modules by working from samples, visual aids, prints, wiring lists and diagrams, routing instructions and process sheets using appropriate tooling and machinery. Assembles parts using fasteners in the build-up of electronic assemblies. Verifies results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
2. Performs mechanical assembly operations in the build of electronic assemblies using standard measuring tools and techniques.
3. Performs electronic assembly operations such as wire termination, and installation of wire harness, cable assemblies, relays, transformers, capacitors, resistors or other electronic components.
4. Fabricates wires on a Jig Board (Harness Board) in accordance with specifications. Continuous laces, flat laces and spot ties wire into bundles and routings according to drawing requirements.
5. Prepares wires by performing the following tasks: routes, dresses and terminates conductors to specific dimensions as specified by instructions.
6. Pre-stages circuit card kits and forms components by use of machine and hand devices, which meet general requirements and Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
7. Performs masking operations prior to wave soldering or coating of circuit card assemblies (CCA). Cleans boards per Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED Requires six (6) months of electronic assembly experience. Able to interpret and understand the instructions on process sheets, prints or route cards. Able to use hand tools (cutters, pliers, preformers, screw drivers, etc.). Able to identify electronic components and properly orient them into a circuit board according to polarity. Able to use measurement tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers. May be required to achieve specified solder certification in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards.Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom