Electro-Mechanical Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Minneapolis, MN 55421-1402, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading defense contractors, and our mission is to create next generation sustainable solutions for the most complex problems. We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Minneapolis Prototype Network team as Electro-Mechanical Technicians. As a member of our Minneapolis Prototype Network team, you will focus on supporting our design engineering team from concept to realization; fabricating, assembling, testing and verifying advanced prototype concepts.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast paced environment with all levels of management to gain an in-depth understanding of our strategy and services. As a member of our Minneapolis Prototype Network, you will join a diverse group of driven professionals focused in supporting our mission of making concepts tangible, while honing your skills and growing in your career. From day one, you will have an impact on the efficiency and effectiveness of our daily operations and a lasting impact on our growth plans.
Job duties/activities may include:
- Provides direct support to design engineering through the entire product development life cycle.
- Works from and reads engineering drawings, sketches, models, samples and verbal instructions.
- Fabricates and builds parts, assemblies, shop aids and templates from a variety of materials.
- Uses hand tools and hand power tools. Sets up and operates equipment for: shearing, sawing, routing, punching, drilling, forming, rolling and grinding, etc..
- Receives assistance and guidance on only the most complicated work or where activities require team assistance for safety and ease of assembly/completion of activities.
- Selects all tools and materials necessary and sets up and operates all prototype shop equipment necessary to complete tasks, and performs all necessary maintenance on equipment with minimal supervision.
- Notes and reports variances or discrepancies in drawings or work and reports them to the supervisor, appropriate person(s), or documents using the problem report system.
- Operates all existing product line combat vehicles and experimental vehicles both on site and at field locations.
- Operates forklift, jib cranes and hoists.
- Gives full attention to the safety prevention of personal injury and prevention of injury to others.
- Liaison between supervision and prototype on product integration efforts. Reports progress, status, and any personnel issues specific to product integration efforts to Prototype Management.
- Assist in development and conducts reviews of mechanical drawings, schematics, design specifications, and parts lists, or makes recommendations regarding these items.
- Reviews designs, specifications of assembly test equipment, or tools for adequacy.
- Travels as required to off-site testing locations. Supports diagnosis/troubleshooting, and repair of customer assets at various test sites as well as acting lead technician for off-site customer support.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 2 year technical degree/diploma and 4+ years or relevant work experience or High School Diploma and 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Technical skills in the performance of Assembly, Integration, Fabrication and Testing of electrical or mechanical engineering designs
- Application of overall mechanical, electrical and component fabrication knowledge to include welding and machining processes.
- Conformance of all products to specifications and processes
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Manual and CNC machining experience
- Inspection background
- AWS welding certification
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Full-Time Salary Range: $53020 - $84810
Please note: This range is based on our market pay structures. However, individual salaries are determined by a variety of factors including, but not limited to: business considerations, local market conditions, and internal equity, as well as candidate qualifications, such as skills, education, and experience.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we support our employees in all aspects of their life, including their health and financial well-being. Regular employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; a 401(k) savings plan; disability coverage; and life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program, a legal plan, and other perks including discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance. Our leave programs include paid time off, paid holidays, as well as other types of leave, including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom