Electrician Leadperson (2nd Shift) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Diego, CA 92170-3308, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Lead person in San Diego that will assign and supervise the day to day efforts of personnel including journeyperson, improvers and helpers direct and monitor performance to accomplish goals and task as assigned by management.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Assign personnel to complete job requirements and ensuring material is on the job site in a timely manner.
- Take turnover from 1st shift supervisors.
- Detail oriented in all aspects of the electrical trade.
- Comply with BAE Systems Affirmative Action Policy.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained clean and safe.
- Ensure safety policies and work practices are followed.
- Conduct Safety Meetings and attend all required safety meetings.
- Report and monitor all time charges and work with other departments to accomplish work assigned to them.
- Assume Foreperson responsibilities in his or her absence if necessary.
- Ensure personnel have the proper trade tools and equipment to perform their jobs.
Required Skills and Education
- Must have past leadership experience or must exhibit leadership skills, including good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift.
- Must follow company safety policy
- Must be able to Obtain Rapid Gate
- Basic computer skills
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to work at heights in confined spaces and ability climb ladders of varying sizes with limited visibility.
- Must be able to continuously walk and stand on board naval vessels
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs on a frequent basis
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom