Electrical RF Engineer - 2021 College Hire Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dallas, TX 75252, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.”
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? An exciting future at BAE Systems awaits and it starts with Year One— a unique experience to jumpstart your engineering career.
BAE Systems, Electronic Systems, and the C4ISR Electronic team are seeking a talented and motivated RF Engineer with zero to two year experience, to work in the design, development and test of complex RF Systems. This position is for a 2021 College Hire in RF Engineer design of electronic circuit cards.
- This person should have a strong college classwork background in Electrical Engineering and good understanding of RF principles and concepts.
- An understanding of the design process, including requirements, circuit design, schematic capture, circuit layout and simulation using proven industry CAD tools is a plus.
- Support tasks such as familiarity with parts procurement, component assembly, fabrication processes and circuit test using standard lab equipment are preferred.
- The candidate shall be able to perform well within a team environment and possess good written and communication skills.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status and the ability to obtain a secret clearance.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with a focus on RF design.
- College coursework or relevant experience with analysis as it relates RF PWB card design (which are usually <1W).
- Ability to solve basic technical design and development problems.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- Experience with the design and / or testing of any type of RF module or RF card design for a communications system is a plus.
- Work on a collaborative team of electrical, mechanical, and test engineers to ensure successful product development is a plus
- Experience working with RF simulation tools is a plus
- Experience working with Configuration Management Tools is a plus
- Experience working with Agile design methodology is a plus
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom