Electrical Engineer II - Floor Support Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Anniston, AL 36207-6859, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description The BAE Systems site in Anniston, AL is seeking an Electrical Floor Support Engineer for 1st Shift (Monday-Thursday 5:00 AM-3:30 PM, 4/10 schedule).
In this role, the Electrical Floor Support Engineer:
- Researches, plans, designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic and electrical systems.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities, technologies, services and ability to deliver required products or services.
- Recommends design approaches for new or improved products and processes.
- Provides engineering consultation to other technical groups.
- Conducts and supports subsystem and system integration and verification activities, manufacturing and test planning, and failure analysis.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Receives directions and instructions in the form of assignment objectives, alternative approaches and solutions from supervisor or senior engineering personnel.
- Contributes to troubleshooting issues on the manufacturing floor and determines root causes of failures recommending changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization's products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems.
- Performs electrical engineering work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
- Conceptualizes, creates, and analyzes designs to ensure engineering projects meet technical, cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- May deliver technical presentations.
- Initiates and maintains external contacts with key experts and officials of other companies, national labs, academic institutions, and government agencies.
- Performs electrical and/or electronic repairs using approved methods.
- Prepares, presents, and defends project technical results and recommendations to customers. Participates in formal technical reviews.
- Acquires familiarization with the project, engineering or research effort and company engineering practices and standards.
- Begins to develop areas of specialization and maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Learn more about what we do with this video.Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills:
- Possesses the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of Electrical Engineering;
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering tools;
- Manufacturing experience ideal as this position is hands-on and actively supports on the floor;
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines;
- Ability to prepare written technical reports, papers, and presentations;
- Capable of delivering reports, papers, and presentations verbally to customers, industry leaders, and senior management;
- Experience using lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, power analyzers, CAN, DAC/ADC converters) for test and verification is a must;
- The candidate must have the ability to access and move about a large military vehicle during integration and test activities;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems;
- Able to support occasional travel (up to 10%).
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering or closely related degree with at least 2 years of working experiences or MS EE with one year of working in the field.
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards highly beneficial;
- Experience working with electrical/electronic systems of military ground vehicles a plus;
- Working knowledge of military electrical connector and electrical cabling specifications beneficial;
- Versed in SAEJ1939 CANBus, 10/100 and Gigabit Ethernet Protocols helpful;
- Experience with the integration of military communication/antenna systems including BFT, SINCGARS, DAGR, CREW2.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom