DMOC IDE Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
SE Albuquerque, NM 87106, US
Project & Program Management
Job Description BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Program Manager to join our team providing the 705th Combat Training Squadron (CTS) support for Distributed Mission Operations Center (DMOC) Infrastructure, Development and Engineering (IDE) at Kirtland AFB, NM. Activities include program and engineering/technical management, infrastructure operations, infrastructure maintenance, and development/modernization/ transformation. The mission of the 705th CTS is to “develop and integrate technologies to deliver a Live-Virtual-Constructive combat environment for Air Force, Joint and Coalition warfighter training. The 705th CTS promotes the use of DMO capabilities to connect Air Force (AF), Joint, and Coalition simulators and facilities into a LVC training environment to train, test, and experiment on modern warfighting Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to prepare for major combat operations. The DMOC serves as the USAF’s center of excellence for DMO integration and interoperability with operational experience in Army, Navy, Marine, and AF Theater Command and Control (C2) operations.
The scope of the DMOC IDE opportunity/effort consists of developing and maintaining simulation software and hardware solutions, building and maintaining network infrastructure, software application/design/development/ sustainment/currency/evolution and conducting Live-Virtual-Constructive (LVC)/Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) activities. This includes various DMO activities such as: Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) of new DMO systems; upgrades to existing DMO systems; engineering analysis and feasibility studies in support of development efforts; Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of system and network infrastructure; implementing video/voice/data communication links between systems and facilities; prototyping simulation systems; establishing interoperability between systems/simulators through multiple networks; maintaining scenario and terrain database generation systems; and implementing interoperability standards.
The Program Manager will be located at Kirtland AFB, NM and co-located with the 705th CTS. Due to the nature of this work, it is not conducive to telework schedules. The Program Manager position will be responsible for managing, coordinating, planning, organizing, controlling, integrating and executing tasks and efforts across the entire DMOC IDE contract to effectively meet and exceed contract management requirements. The position requires program management experience and technical knowledge and experience of systems, IT, networks, as well as understand enterprise-level security frameworks. At least 5 years of specific experience in M&S/LVC/DMO management is preferred. The candidate must have strong analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment. This is a customer-facing role with strong relationship building responsibilities with the government customer. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to accomplish the following activities while leading a team of ~ 45-50 subject matter experts and engineers accomplishing DMOC IDE PWS requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage, coordinate, plan, control, report and execute the program and related project(s) and ensure the successful achievement of financial, schedule, and technical performance objectives. Develops financial plans related to program and related projects. Models and demonstrates strong leadership in ethics, safety and security. Direct people-management responsibilities are required.
- Assist customers in the development of current and future program requirements. Evaluate plans and criteria for technical activities and recommending alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations.
- Work collaboratively with the government and the Contract Senior Leadership Team with the operations, design, implementation, and update of various IT systems and applications. Ensure high operational availability of information and network systems, taking into account capacity planning and disaster recovery
- Attend conferences and meetings to represent the company and assigned activities.
- Handle other duties as required.
- Knowledge - Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Applies and/or develops highly advanced concepts, techniques and standards. Viewed as expert in the field outside of the corporation.
- Contacts - Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
- Problem Solving - Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are unique and solutions serve as precedent for future decisions. Creates formal networks with key decision makers and serves as external spokesperson for the organization.
- Discretion and Latitude - Often acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Work is checked only to the effectiveness of results obtained, typically requiring a long-term perspective. Virtually self-supervisory.
- Impact - Decisions affect the financial, employee or public relations posture of the organization. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would have a long-term negative effect on organization’s reputation and business posture.
- Liaison - Serves as consultant to top management in long-range company planning or spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Prime external spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
Security Clearance: Top Secret security clearance with SCI and SAP/SAR eligibilityRequired Education, Experience, & Skills Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related discipline with at least 15 years of technical experience and at least 5 years of program management experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business/Master of Business Administration (MBA) or related discipline with at least 15 years of program management experience on technical programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related discipline with at least 20 years of technical experience and at least 5 years of program management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Management or related discipline with at least 20 years of program management experience on technical programs.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Experience, Education and Skills:
- At least 5 years of specific experience in M&S/LVC/DMO management
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom