Director of Manufacturing Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Fort Wayne, IN 46809, US
Manufacturing & Maintenance
Job Description Provide leadership to the Fort Wayne Controls and Avionics Solutions Operations organization in support of the development and accomplishment of business objectives. Major areas of responsibility include OEM and aftermarket manufacturing operations, all aspects of supply chain management including technical and procurement activities, quality, facilities and ESH and other site leadership responsibilities. This position will provide motivation, coaching, and leadership to team members to insure the accomplishment of business objectives including cost, quality, inventory, and delivery commitments.
This leader is responsible for creation and maintenance of an effective and efficient organization and the communication of responsibilities and objectives to employees. In pursuit of these objectives this individual must create an organizational structure that is responsive, Lean and agile; select and train personnel to fulfill position requirements; work effectively and in concert with customers, suppliers and the Engineering and Program Management organizations; and ensure that the team meets commitments and continually improves to achieve customer and business needs.
Adhere to the highest standards of legal, ethical, and business conduct in relationships with fellow employees, the Company, suppliers, customers, and the public.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations for the Controls and Avionics Solutions business.
Required Skills and Education Must have the following :
· Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or the equivalent experience
· Over 7 years of leadership experience related to manufacturing and supply chain management
· Ability to establish and communicate business goals
· Demonstrated consistent pattern of delivering superior performance
· Skilled in building an operations team capable of executing effective performance enhancing techniques such as lean manufacturing, design for manufacturing, and six sigma improvement methods.
· Ability to effectively manage a widely diverse and multi-functional organization
· Proven track record of managing expenditure of allocated resources to meet current and future business needs
· Skills to identify necessary resources -- including information, personnel (including technical support), and facilities
· Capacity to drive positive change in an organization’s culture
· Ability to support a customer-focused mindset and instill this mindset throughout the organization
· Success in mentoring, motivating and coaching capable professionals and teams to a higher level of excellence
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
· Strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
· Effective decision making track record
Preferred Skills and Education · Six Sigma certification
· Business or technical degree beyond the bachelor’s level
· Lean Manufacturing experience
· Over 10 years of related leadership experience About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom