Director of Industrial Security Policy Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Falls Church, VA 22042, US
Job Description This position serves as the Director of Industrial Security Policy. It is a critical growth position and readies the individual for more senior roles within the Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO).
Position reports directly to the Inc. Chief Security Officer (CSO) and Special Security Agreement (SSA) Facility Security Officer (FSO). This role will serve as primary administrator of the Company’s SSA with the U.S. Government and ensure all appropriate compliance measures are in place. This position is also responsible for the supervision of the Inc. HQ Security Staff whose responsibilities include: Counterintelligence, Industrial Security, Executive Protection, Physical Security, Electronic Communications Plan (ECP) Oversight, Travel Security, Personnel Security and Security Education and Awareness Training.
- Acts as primary Industrial Security Advisor to the Chief Security Officer in accordance with the Company’s SSA. Reports on all facets of the company’s compliance. Oversees the implementation of the SSA’s Affiliated Operations Plan, Electronic Communications Plan, and Facility Locations Plan.
- Manages the Company’s security function for the Headquarters Staff. This includes supervision of: Counterintelligence, Industrial Security, Executive Protection, Physical Security, Electronic Communications Plan (ECP) Oversight, Travel Security, Personnel Security and Security Education and Awareness Training.
- Establishes and coordinates industrial security policy for the Inc. Businesses located in the US; and, oversees the implementation of local security policies for the Inc. Businesses located outside the US. Reviews, collects, generates, and implements security best practices throughout the Inc. enterprise.
- Responsible for the protection and safeguarding of classified information in accordance with the Company’s various facility security agreements. Ensures security audits are properly conducted by the Inc. Businesses and compiles results for presentation to the Inc. Board of Directors.
- Acts as a senior industry security executive representing the Company before the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA); other U.S. Government security agencies; professional security organizations; and, government and industry working groups.
- Facilitates the security integration of new companies into BAE Systems, Inc. through both the acquisition process and CFIUS.
- Oversees implementation of security training that supports our agreement with the US Government for the safeguarding of classified information and addresses the specific policies and processes for Inc. Businesses to follow.
- Directly supports the CSO’s role as co-lead for the Company’s Insider Threat and Incident Management programs.
- Liaises with the Senior Security Leads of each Sector to ensure consistent implementation of all appropriate security guidelines.
Required Skills and Education
|Problem Solving:||Analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.|
|Nature of Impact:||Routinely impacts quality, timeliness of results, planning and revenues or budget; frequently sets Inc-level policies and procedures.|
|Area of Impact:||BAE Systems, Inc.|
|Interpersonal Skills:||Skilled communicator who influences and shapes the image of a complex Program/Line of Business/Operating Group.|
|Negotiation Skills:||Negotiates internally with senior executives and corporate staff; maintains strong external relationships with Defense Industrial Base (DIB) peers and government organizations.|
|Project Management:||Senior Project/Program team member responsible for work flow which is varied in nature with situations frequently requiring new solutions and innovations.|
Preferred Skills and Education
|Min. Education:||Bachelor’s Degree.|
|Pref. Education:||Master's Degree preferred.|
|Min. Experience:||More than 10+ years of relevant experience.|
|Pref. Experience:||More than 10+ years of relevant management experience.|
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom