Desktop Developer with C# (Visual Studio a PLUS!) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Alexandria, VA 22315, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Perform programming, research, analysis, and support for the Defense Stockpile Management System (DSMS) projects for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
- Perform software engineering and integration in accordance with all applicable DTRA and DoD standards, industry best practices and conventions, and in compliance with DoD standard architectures and interoperability/supportability requirements tailored for the DSMS programs
- For DSMS legacy system, develop/modify application modules using ColdFusion, Flash and ActionScript (1 or 2) to support new functionality as required by the users.
- For DIAMONDS Next Generation, develop/modify application modules using Visual Studio C#, CSS, JQuery, HTML, frameworks and other desktop application technologies to support new functionality required by the users.
- Analyze and modify existing Oracle and MySQl databases SQL and PL/SQL stored procedures and generate new stored procedures as required. Participates in software and database design analysis.
- Assist with analysis and documentation of user requirements.
- Participate in peer reviews and mentoring activities within the development team.
- Perform unit testing of individual modules prior to it being released to the Quality Assurance team.
- Create/update documentation for all work performed.
- Perform all other work as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced degree of analytical ability.
- Knowledge of CMMI policy and procedures for software development
- Advanced skills in problem solving.
- Advanced skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate skills in database design and concepts.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelors degree with 8-10 years experience OR Associates degree with 10-12 years experience
- 3-5 years in C# development
- Desktop Development Experience Required (Visual Studio, a PLUS)
- COMPTIA Security+ (or higher) OR willingness to obtain w/in 6 months
- Active Secret Security Clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom