Design Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is an industry leader in Military GPS Technologies, producing state of the art products that help our customers stay a step ahead when protecting our Warfighters, our National Security, and critical infrastructure. At BAE Systems we are committed to investing long term in development of significant skills to meet these core values, and as such we are seeking a Design Quality Assurance Engineer to be a project quality focal, ensuring designs meet quality expectations, as well as customer, regulatory, and other requirements, and encourage the adoption of engineering best practices to identify and eliminate defects before delivery.
- Develop Product/Project Quality Assurance plans and ensure fulfillment
- Ensures BAE products and processes are compliant with internal and regulatory standards and are continuously improving
- Cross pollinating best practices and lessons learned between projects
- Ensure compliance to internal and external standards and procedures
- Advise project leadership on issues and best practices impacting Engineering quality or project performance to cost and schedule
- Contribute to Engineering project pursuits and bid estimates
- Support System Test monitoring, test set-up conformity, and review Test Reports and Qualification Test Reports and failure investigations reports
- Provide input and overview to support project execution from a Quality perspective, and attend internal project reviews / status meetings
- Review and approve Engineering documentation, design changes and development artifacts
- Participate in design & development review processes covering: planning, requirements, design, validation and verification
- Position best fits a self-motivated person with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. In the absence of a degree, 5 years of any equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Engineering/Development experience
- Ability to acquire security clearance through the Department of Defense.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Ability to communicate with peers and subordinate workers within the company
- Knowledge of Quality Management System documentation as it relates to product development
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- AS9100/ISO9000 certification & audit experience
- CMMI experience/certification preferred
- Experience with TipQA preferred
- Experience with JIRA workflow management
- A working knowledge of either SAP or Oracle a real plus
- Root Cause/Corrective Action methodologies. 8D, 5 why, etc
- Positive "we can" attitude with a passion for customer satisfaction
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom