Deputy Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Chantilly, VA 20151, US
Project & Program Management
Top Secret/SCI Polygraph
Job Description BAE Systems is searching for a proven deputy program manager who will assist in the oversight and management of technical/task order execution, cost deliverables, and staffing of an IT program for a mission-driven customer primarily in the Chantilly area. This candidate must be able to take initiative, communicate well, and have managed technical resources. The Deputy Program Manager is responsible for providing leadership and guidance, in coordination with the PM, for all contractor personnel assigned to the program. The DPM shall work in coordination with the PM to supervise ongoing technical efforts and manage performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Secondary customer contact for program activities, conducting program review sessions to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Care of staff to foster a good working relationship amongst team members and ensure needs as well as reporting requirements are met
- Reporting on cost, schedule and technical performance to achieve program goals
- Participates in monthly project reporting including collecting and reporting status and metrics and developing program management presentations
- Initiates corrective action through appropriate channels to support team members and government customers
- Program interface to other PMO support areas
- Ability to communicate with senior management regarding program performance status (cost / schedule / resources / risk) as well as performance to annual financial objectives
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills:
Bachelor's degree with managerial experience within the IC, DOD or equivalent Government agencies, with at least five years managing projects of similar scope.
- Strong project management skills managing technical resources, including developers, DBAs, and Cloud resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Experience in preparing & delivering reports/presentations to senior leaders in government, customers or management.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft suite.
Must be U.S. citizen, possess a Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI/poly.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Knowledge of IT applications and Cloud integration projects.
- Knowledge of Agile principals and DevOps environments.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom