Data Warehouse Manager. Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Reston, VA 20190-5228, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems, Inc. is looking for a seasoned Data Warehouse (DW) Manager. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience managing a DW service comprised of multiple Data Warehouses, ETL applications, a team of full-time employees/contractors/consultants in a geographically dispersed and matrixed environment supporting a large user community across multiple Sectors with diverse business cultures and requirements. The right candidate will have in-depth experience with DW tools, Database Management Systems (DBMS) and an innovative/energetic mindset focused on delivering business value through collecting, organizing, structuring and storing data as a strategic asset. Additionally, the candidate must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Management of multiple Data Warehousing tools, including Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Microsoft SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), Informatica, etc.
- Oversight of daily operations and maintenance, including system/content administration, server administration, data modeling (conceptual, logical, physical), change management, configuration management and all other applicable IT controls
- Management of a team of internal employees and contractors/consultants in support of O&M and Project Delivery
- Development of technology Roadmaps – exploring unused capabilities of existing products as well as new products in the marketplace
- Ensure Service Requests, Incidents, Application Availability, Project Delivery and Customer Satisfaction are addressed within Service Level Objectives
- On-going maintenance of service documentation – e.g. Business Continuity /Disaster Recovery Plans, Architecture, Procedures, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) requirements and adhere to defined corporate IT policies, procedures and guidelines (e.g. patching, upgrades, etc.)
- Proactive identification and remediation of process gaps
- Partner with internal customers and project teams to forecast demand, understand requirements, staff appropriately and deliver as committed
- Proactive monitoring of environments to reduce service disruptions – e.g. failed jobs, system performance, capacity, etc.
- Staff development including succession planning, skills assessments, training plans, providing new challenging opportunities, etc.
- Management / monitoring of budget versus actual performanceRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors – Masters preferred – in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar discipline from an accredited school.
- 10+ relevant experience of working in a Data Warehousing field
- 5+ years of experience with managing all aspects of Data Warehousing service and infrastructure – ETL development, Data cleansing/curation, data modeling, data archiving, installations, upgrades, patching, customizing, automating, etc.
- Hands on experience PL/SQL packages, writing SQL queries Oracle and SQL Server platforms; query performance tuning and advanced analytic functions.
- Architect and design Enterprise Data Warehousing solutions – strong understanding of DW needs and propensity to develop and deliver solutions to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to articulate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Aptitude for working effectively under pressure, managing multiple priorities simultaneously, and working without direct supervision.
- Effective IT leader, team builder, and business partner.
- Must be comfortable dealing with changing priorities and timelines.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to influence others
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 5+ years of managerial experience. Experience managing virtual team in a matrix environment a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft cloud DW technologies – Azure Synapse, Data Factory, Data Bricks, etc. Experience with Amazon AWS, Snowflake and NoSQL database a plus.
- Experience with Agile Project Management a plus
- Experience with ServiceNow a plus
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom