Data Warehouse Engineer (Remote worker opportunity) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St Clair, IL 61801, US
Engineering & Technology
The successful candidate will be a part of the team that is responsible for Enterprise Data Warehouse. This position requires the candidate understands and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, techniques and provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity. The candidate develops deep knowledge and understanding of the data warehouse and data management assets available within our data platforms and act as the subject matter expert on the data and its utility for operational use. The candidate will regularly interact with the customers, data management teammates, and product development partners, your expertise in large volume data in data lakes, data warehouses, or data marts using structured, semi-structured, and unstructured formats - will deliver on the BAE’s Data and Analytics organization’s mission to enable data-driven decisions within any action. The candidate will follow established procedures, and contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and keep up-to-date with the technology shifts through training and development.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar
- 6+ years of Data Warehousing and Data Modeling experience. 10+ years preferred.
- Strong understanding of Normalized/Dimensional model disciplines and similar data warehousing techniques.
- Strong experience working with ETL/ELT concepts of data integration, consolidation, enrichment, and aggregation in large volume data sets.
- Expert in SQL and/or SQL-based languages and performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of Data Pipelines, stream processing and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with various data storage technologies - e.g. RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), columnar, tabular, document store, NoSQL
- Experience with various ETL/ ETL tools – e.g. ODI, SSIS, Informatica Power Center, Talend, IICS, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouses - e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure Synapse, RedShift, etc
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Collaborate with business users on normalizing and aggregating large data sets based on business needs and requirements.
- Data validation skills to verify data integrity, understand discrepancies, and resolve them with the highest sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to share findings with non-technical or business stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Analytical/Reporting Solutions like Tableau, Power BI is a plus
- Virtual team collaboration tools such as WebEx, Zoom etc.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Work individually and in a matrix environment
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Communicate (written and oral) effectively and demonstrate professional interpersonal skills
- Interact professionally with clients and vendors
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Meet deadlines as necessary
- Effectively work with minimal supervision
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- 10+ years experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with scripting languages – e.g. PowerShell, Python, etc.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom