Data Scientist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
St. Louis, MO 63118, US
Job Description As an Analytic Methodologist, you will assist and support the analyst workforce in developing coherent analytic strategies to resolve key intelligence questions. You will provide support to exploitation, intelligence analysis, and product development to include statistical and trend analysis, data manipulation and format conversion, data collection / querying TCPED systems, data formatting for visualization and presentation, and database design and data entry form development.
- Interact with analysts, mission partners and others on analytical functionality and exploitation and related support tools.
- Support the assessment of new analytical tools and the necessary standards to facilitate compatibility and greater efficiencies across the tools sets utilized by imagery/geospatial analysts.
- Work with minimal guidance and be fully capable of meeting most analytic methodology services without direction.
- Collaborate to provide accurate technical information that contributes to synergized analysis that is better than the sum of the individual parts.
- Apply mathematical techniques to solve complex problems and develop quantitative based assessments.
- Apply scientifically based approaches to help solve complex problems and issues to include: statistical data analysis, knowledge discovery, and mathematical modeling.
- Provide database consultation, graphical data visualizations, and recommendations for quantitative data selection and collection.
- Work rapidly in a high tempo, high stress environment that often requires multi-tasking.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics or a related field.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in conducting analysis or providing analytical support to government clients
- Demonstrated relevant experience identifying, retrieving, manipulating, relating and/or exploiting multiple structured data sets from various sources.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in understanding of statistical/mathematical analysis in order to apply statistical/mathematical techniques to GEOINT
- Attended a basic Intelligence Course
- Demonstrated relevant experience with analytic methodologies in support of intelligence production. Familiarity with knowledge of GEOINT operations and sensors, which can be applied to satisfy key intelligence questions.
- Demonstrated experience building/maintaining a database or spreadsheet, performing quality checks and data integrity reviews, developing statistical analysis and visualizations, and explaining and briefing results to technical and non-technical audiences and policy makers.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated relevant programming experience using R within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant programming experience using Python within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant programming experience using VBA within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant experience using ESRI ArcGIS within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant experience using Tableau within the past 3 years
- Demonstrated relevant experience building and maintaining databases and complex data entry forms within the past 3 years.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom