Cybersecurity Information System Security Officer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description Are you interested in joining one of the best companies to work for in Utah? Are you interested in a dynamic environment where your work ethic and commitment are rewarded with growth opportunities and career-path support? Look no further than BAE Systems Inc. We seek a Cybersecurity Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our Information Services (IS) team in the Strategic Systems, Air and Space Force Solutions business at Hill Air Force Base, in Utah. The selected applicant will be an integral player in our IS Cybersecurity team's work to deliver world-class capabilities for our client and their associated contractors, drive productivity, and foster innovation.
As part of the Cybersecurity team, the selected applicant will work closely with the Cybersecurity Information Systems Security Managers (ISSM) in support of various ICBM weapon subsystems and supporting IT systems by adhering to the Risk Management Framework (RMF). This includes system categorization and control identification, implementation, and assessment. This position supports Cybersecurity efforts throughout the RMF for one or more assigned programs(s) to include the development of System Security Plans, development and resolution of Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), assessing and auditing systems security controls, and monitoring of corrective actions.
The position provides the opportunity to develop and hone communication and customer relationship skills while working with a close-knit, fun-loving team of other Cybersecurity professionals. The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference.
- Fulfills the ISSO responsibilities defined in DoD Instructions 8500.01 and 8510.01, AFI17-101 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for the Air Force Information Technology (IT), and the “DoD Program Manager’s Guidebook for Integrating the Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF) into the System Acquisition Lifecycle”
- Under direction of the ISSM, performs duties as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) as defined in DoD Instructions 8500.01 and 8510.01, AFI17-101 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for the Air Force Information Technology (IT), and the “DoD Program Manager’s Guidebook for Integrating the Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF) into the System Acquisition Lifecycle”
- Supports efforts to integrate Cybersecurity throughout the lifecycle of IT systems. This includes the development and review of Cybersecurity-related artifacts, including System Security Plans, Cyber Security Strategies, Cybersecurity Impact Assessments, policies, plans, and procedures
- Continually assesses activities and controls to secure information. Assess gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, and policy improvements
- Assists in the development of security policies, plans, and procedures to meet government regulations and industry best practices
- Develops security impact analyses
- Reviews technical assessments
- Uses automated tools to analyze system security control compliance
- Collaborates with technical managers to ensure required controls are implemented and security processes are followed
- Builds collaborative internal relationships with program and project teams, as well as external relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, other agencies and business partners
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position requires an active final Secret clearance upon hire date. The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred.
The applicant must also meet DoD 8570 IAM II certification requirements.Required Education, Experience, & Skills This position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (typically Computer Science, Information Technologies, etc.); however, education requirements may be waived for equivalent experience
- 7 years of Cyber/IT-related work or equivalent experience (5 years of experience with an MS degree)
- Familiarity with Tenable Nessus or DISA ACAS, Anti-virus, and STIG Viewer preferred
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification on hire date
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity, networks, components, system protocols, COTS technology, and software development
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (writing and verbal skills)
This position requires an active final Secret clearance upon hire date. The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with Tenable Nessus or DISA ACAS, Anti-virus, and STIG Viewer
- Experience with security evaluations, risk and control assessments, or Sarbanes-Oxley audits
- Interest in growing into leadership opportunities
This position requires an active final Secret clearance upon hire date. The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred.About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom