Cybersecurity Analyst / ISSO Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Hill AFB, UT 84056, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to serve as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
This position will work with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to obtain and maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for various systems by adhering to the Risk Management Framework (RMF). This includes system categorization and control identification, implementation, and assessment. This position supports cybersecurity efforts throughout the RMF for one or more assigned programs(s) to include the development and management of System Security Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), assessing and auditing systems security controls, and monitoring of corrective actions.
This position provides the opportunity to develop and hone communication and customer relationship skills while working with a close-knit fun-loving team of other cybersecurity professionals.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference. Knowledge and experience with the DoD’s Cybersecurity processes (Risk Management Framework (RMF)) is highly desired.
- Under direction of the ISSM, performs duties as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) as defined in DoD Instructions 8500.01 and 8510.01, AFI17-101 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for the Air Force Information Technology (IT), and the “DoD Program Manager’s Guidebook for Integrating the Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF) into the System Acquisition Lifecycle”
- Supports efforts to integrate cybersecurity throughout the lifecycle of IT systems; this includes the development and review of cybersecurity-related artifacts, including System Security Plans, Cyber Security Strategies, Cybersecurity Impact Assessments, policies, plans, and procedures
- Continually assesses activities and controls to secure information. Assesses gaps in security and identifies solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, and policy improvements
- Assist in the development of security policies, plans, and procedures to meet government regulations and industry best practices
- Build collaborative internal relationships with program and project teams, as well as external relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, other agencies and business partners
This position requires an active final Secret clearance upon hire date. The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred.Required Education, Experience, & Skills BS/MS Degree (typically Computer Science, Information Technologies, etc.); education requirement may be waived for additional experience
- 2+ years RMF/Cyber/IT-related work or equivalent experience with BS degree
- 1+ years RMF/Cyber/IT-related work or equivalent experience with MS degree
- Security+ or equivalent certification per DoD Directive 8570.1 (IAT Level II or higher)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, networks, components, system protocols, Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technology, and software development
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (writing and verbal skills)
This position requires an active final Secret clearance upon hire date. The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. An active Top Secret clearance is preferred.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- ISSO or relevant cybersecurity experience
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF), security evaluations, risk and control assessments
- Understanding of the DoD environment and familiarity with government agency reviews and audits
- Knowledge and experience with SIEM tools (e.g., ACAS, Splunk, Qmulos) with the ability to read and understand logs and setup scans
- Willingness to apply herself/himself to learn and grow in a new position
- Desire to meet/exceed customer's expectations
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom