Cyber Test Range Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
San Antonio, TX 78234, US
Engineering & Technology
Job Description BAE Systems has an opportunity for a Range Technician in San Antonio, TX.
This individual will:
Provide operational and developmental test and evaluation Cyber-range support for Cybersecurity testing, risk assessments, exercise, and training. This includes VMware network and server support, including the design, engineering, implementation and administration of Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) within an Active Directory Infrastructure. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data application service
- Maintain VMware environment
- Maintain internet applications and protocols IP, TCP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, & SSL
- Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system
- documentation as required
- Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolve problems
- Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
- Perform scheduled tape backups on systems as required
- Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the
- customer’s location and off-site storage facilities as required
- Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as
- Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests, training, and exercise support
- Provide technical guidance
A sign-on bonus is available for this position.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have background and experience with VMware/virtualization
Experience with the Carnegie Mellon Simulation, Training, and Exercise Program (STEP) front end to VMware is valuable
- Working knowledge of SimSpace and Persistent Cyber Training Environment (PCTE) would be valuable
- Working knowledge of Windows Power Shell scripting would be ideal
- Three to five years’ experience working with networking technologies in LAN/WAN environments including Windows server and desktop support
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 within 6 months of the date of hire
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written required
- Must be organized and have strong attention to detail skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Form Flow, Visio and web-based applications required
- Current clearance is mandatory
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Background in Air Force Weapon Systems to include CVA/H, ACD, CDA, CSCS, C3MS, and AFINC would be helpful
- Linux skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Who We Are
You're used to protecting what matters most.
Our team has the privilege and the responsibility of knowing that the work we do really matters. Our work is vital to the armed forces personnel and major corporations who rely on us to protect, equip and support them where it counts; to the security and prosperity of the nations we serve; to our skilled and talented people; to the local communities where we are based; and to the wider community who invest in, supply and engage with us. At BAE Systems, everyone can make a difference.
We believe that a diverse workforce inspires creativity and drives innovation. We respect and value the huge variety of skills, abilities and perspectives that our people bring to our business. We celebrate our differences and aim to recruit and develop talent from all backgrounds, championing the strength that a truly inclusive and collaborative workplace gives to our company culture and performance.
Enjoy a flexible environment that values your work-life balance and helps you perform at your best.
On the job training, leadership programs, collaboration with leading experts – excellence is built into your career development whether you are just starting out as an apprentice or are an experienced professional.
We’re united by trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in our field. It helps that we’re nice people too.
See your contribution, making real change as breakthrough technology and intelligence solutions reshape the landscape for our customers.
What We Offer+ Warrior Integration Program (Est. 2008)
This program was created to assist in the employment, transition, education, and development of wounded warriors. Through mentoring, partnership, education, and leadership, we vow to serve our veterans in the same manner they served our country. WIP provides mission-centered work that gives wounded warriors the opportunity to contribute, providing a path for career progression.
Camo to Corporate underpins all of our military recruiting and veteran efforts. We participate in annual career workshops and partner with VA employment reps to identify opportunities for vets at BAE Systems. We’re also proud members of Joining Forces, the Veteran Jobs Mission and Hiring our Heroes - initiatives focused on helping vets and their spouses find meaningful careers.
Meet Our Veterans
All of my co-workers have been very helpful with my transition into the company and in my training as a Common Missile Warning Systems technician. The camaraderie of the other WIP employees has also been instrumental in my transition out of the Marine Corps.
Retired Cpl. J. Munoz
Operating Enduring Freedom